Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItemReader array

Hello,

I have a special need, I have a special busness step when i load many data from tables to hashtables.

I wand to execute the data loading in parallel mode ( to optimise this step).

I've two questions ,
    1- can we have many step that the job can execute in parallel mode and join when it's ok ?
    2- Can we have step with an array of redears or a list of readers (2, 3, ..).

Thanks

1. See the parallelJob sample - I guess that may meet your needs.

2. you can use a composite reader (step doesn't need to know there's an array of readers).

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your post, i open the the "parallelJob",
      it use
      HTML Code:
      <bean id="loading" parent="simpleStep">
      <property name="taskExecutor">
      <bean							class="org.springframework.core.task.SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor" />
      	</property>
      		<property name="itemReader">
      			<bean
      class="org.springframework.batch.sample.item.reader.StagingItemReader">
      		<property name="lobHandler"
      								ref="lobHandler" />
      		<property name="dataSource"
      								ref="dataSource" />
      </bean>
      But i dont find the class org.springframework.core.task.SimpleAsyncTaskExecu tor anywhere,

thanks

Comment

It's ok now,
        there is a library that i have to attach to the sample project.

I need to know how can i synchronis between list of asynchronos step, may be i can use a other step to synchronize, but i must be sure that the execution of asynchronos step dont block the execution of job.

thanks

Comment

The parallelJob executes 'chunks' in parallel, we don't provide parallel 'step' execution. If you really want to execute steps in parallel consider wrapping each step in a job and run multiple jobs in parallel or you could try implementing ParallelJob as an alternative to sequential SimpleJob.

Comment

Working...
          X