Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to use spring batch with Quartz

Hi All,
    We are planning to use Spring batch with quartz. the basic idea is quartz will kick off a spring batch Job as i think we can have better control by breaking down a task(batch Job) in the relatively small batch steps and control them at the steps level. Is there anyone using the same architecture or did any experiments? looking for any kind of feedback anyone have.

Thanks in advance
    Parimal

Hey Parimal,

I am working in a Quartz-Spring batch project. Please log your refined questions, we will discuss.

Thanks,
    Shahul

Comment

There is QuartzBatchLauncher provided in the samples and eclipse run configuration (quartzLauncher) - those should get you started.

Comment

Thanks guys. I m in the initial research as we might need to modify some source for our requirement. but initial research seems positive.

Comment

Quartz + Spring batch

Hi all,

I am trying to use Spring batch with quartz.

My quartz program aims to execute un job every 10 secondes.

Without Spring batch Quartz perform the job every 10 secondes.

With Spring batch Quartz perform the job once.

I used QuartzBatchLauncher.java provided with Spring batch example.

Can you help me please;

ould

Comment

You probably need to make sure you're 'incrementing' the JobParameters after every run, otherwise, Spring Batch thinks you're trying to run the same instance again. If you don't think you'll ever have a need to restart, you can just use the current system time, if not, you probably need to use a database table to store whether the last run was successful, and if so increment the parameter. (Note in 2.0 this is much easier with the inclusion of the JobParametersIncrementer interface)

Comment

Working...
            X