Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restart with several FlatFileItemWriter

Hi,

I have a job that writes 3 FlatFileItemWriter. When the job failed, only one lastMarkedByteOffsetPosition seems to be stored in DB with the key name = name of the class that is always the same between the 3 files. Then when I restart my job, if the size of my file is > lastMarkedByteOffsetPosition of the last write file in the first execution of my job, a ResetFailedException is thrown in checkFileSize method of FlatFileItemWriter.

To resolve this problem, I have only set a different name to each FlatFileItemWriter.
    Is it possible to do something to avoid this problem by default in Spring Batch?

Thanks in advance.

The name property is exactly for that purpose - because the execution context is shared you need a way to use different keys for instances of the same class.

I don't see a good way to handle this transparently, but suggestions are certainly welcome. The composite item writer could figure this out I think, but it is an edge case that would probably pollute the simple default implementation - we could provide a subclass, but remembering to use the subclass seems equally hard as remembering to give names to the writers.

Comment

Working...
    X