Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-Batch Customers

Hello Everyone,

I am just trying to collect some details for our presentation. Can you guys let me know who (major/any clients) are using Spring-Batch? How many records/transactions they process daily and how long does it take?

If you are using any other technology to improve the scalability, please share that too, it would be really helpful!!

Thanks!

Due to the nature of the project as open source, it's really hard to know who exactly is using the framework. I generally know most of you by your handles on the forum

I have worked with quite a few projects within Accenture, but the clients names are strictly confidential. However, there is one client that has agreed to let present a case study on their solution with Spring Batch at SpringOne this year. (assuming the conference organizers approve) I may be able to publish some of those details over the next month or so. There was also a presentation that Dave and I gave at The Spring Experience this year that contains some generalized information about clients using the framework in production (with generalized names of course), but it's not at the level of 'records per second'

Perhaps some of the other forum users would like to share some of their experiences using Spring Batch?

Comment

I am currently architecting a gridded batch loading solution for the company I work for. Initially we will process about 100 million property records (we are in the real estate automated valuation business). After that we will probably get around a few million records a week.

The framework was exactly what I was looking for. I have coupled it with GridGain for a truly gridded batch loading architecture.

Each large file (one Spring Batch Job) is split up into many tiny jobs (each individual file is a task on the grid and hence a Spring Batch Job). It was kind of a bear getting thread safety issues and gridding in nature ironed out but now it works great.

Let me know if you need further details. Feel free to email me directly.

Franz Garsombke

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X