Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Config & Code Autogeneration ?

Hi,

I do need to auto generate the config files, setter & getter methods in bean class and related java code changes. Is it possible through code generator like Xdoclet ? or anything else ?

Pls help. If its not possible. pls give some ideas.

Thanks,
    Vaswin

I don't think this is really a Batch question, but before you go off to ask the question in another forum, let me just say this: config file generation is not mainstream and not really best practice. For the kinds of use cases you seem to need most people use an IDE (Spring IDE is the best).

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.

I am very new to the Spring technologies.

My requirement : I need to auto configure for dynamic sources (input files) for that i have created configuration screens having file name, format of the file, location of the file, fields and their corresponding mappings with Oracle tables and quartz scheduling through JSF. Once the wizard completes the configuration, i have to store the config information into database or xml or property file.

My questions are,

If i am storing the configurations to DB then how to retrieve ? or
      how to create bean config file in that case ?
      how to create the setter and getter methods ? (if i am adding more
      fields and their mappings)

If this is not possible, pls give some ideas how to do dynamic source configurations and adding the dynamic fields and corresponding mappings ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

HI ,

Is it possible to use Xdoclet(code generation) for this type of situation?

Comment

I guess. I would prefer just to output a .properties file though (much easier to work with, and Spring has some tools to help you), and then use that to complete the runtime configuration with a PropertiesPlaceholderConfigurer. Would that work?

Comment

thx for your input.

I need clarification about the config files.

Is it necessary to have a individual property file for each job ? For example, if two jobs starts same time, need to create properties dynamically from DB.

Can we do scheduling with the single Spring Bean XML file and Property file through PropertiesPlaceholderConfigurer ?

How can i add / delete setter & getter methods in Domain Object when changes happens in the property file ?

Comment

Working...
            X