Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a Spring Batch for .NET?

Any chance this gets ported to the .NET platform?

Disclaimer: This entire response is guesswork, I have a reasonable belief that the things I say are true, but I have no official knowledge or authority.

I'd have to guess this isn't likely in the near future, at least not until the project is a bit more mature. The basic reason I suspect this is that as a young framework, Spring Batch is more susceptible to change between versions and short timespan between versions. Starting to port to Spring.NET (http://www.springframework.net/) at this point would open the risk of having to maintain two separate codebases undergoing frequent change (as compared to a more mature project).

If I had to guess which would come first, I'd guess a Java 5.0 port would be a surer bet.

Comment

It's been almost a year so I'd like ask the question again.

Is there any likelyhood of a Spring Batch .Net version?

Thanks

Comment

There is actually a new project in Spring Extensions for Batch .NET. Iyad Elian proposed it and Mark Pollack is the SpringSource sponsor. They only started a few weeks ago, but I think they are in the process of getting a first release ready. You could ping the .NET forum and see if Mark has any more up to date news.

Comment

SpringBatch.Net

I have not contributed in a while as I am switching between Java and .NET. However what I checked in for SpringBatch.NET actually works and provide a filespec enhancement to the java version

Comment

Working...
          X