Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use parameters in job.xml using %%

Hi,
    I use m5 version of spring batch .
    I run my batch jobs with the parameters : /monjob.xml monjob batch.scheduleDate=200803111000.

In my job.xml file, I would like to use the batch.scheduleDate value in the name of an output file.
    For that, I have replaced ${batch.scheduleDate} in the name of the ouputFile (in m3 version) by %batch.scheduleDate% but it doesn't work.
    Here is my job.xml file.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns:aop="http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
    http://www.springframework.org/schem...-beans-2.0.xsd
    http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop
    http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.0.xsd">

<import resource="classpath:simple-container-definition.xml" />

<bean id="ExtractionClientsJob" parent="simpleJob">
    <property name="steps">
    <list>
    <bean id="Extraction" parent="simpleStep">
    <property name="streams" ref="clientFileWriter"/>
    <property name="commitInterval" value="2" />
    <property name="allowStartIfComplete" value="false" />
    <property name="itemReader" ref="DbItemReader" />
    <property name="itemWriter" ref="clientFileWriter"/>
    </bean>
    </list>
    </property>
    </bean>

<!-- INFRASTRUCTURE SETUP -->
    <bean id="DbItemReader" class="com.natixis.sphinx.batch.reader.DbItemReade r">
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
    <property name="sql">
    <value> select p.ceseqo, p.cocivi,p.nompat,p.nommar,p.prenom,p.preno2,p.dah eme,p.cosecu,p.cositf,a.librue,a.copost,a.libvil,a .copays,a.coposn,a.copayn,a.libvin,c.cochar,c.dahe m1,c.numrib from sphmclient c, sphmadresse a, sphmpersonne p where c.cochar=7 and c.copers=p.ceseqo and p.ceseqo=a.copers order by p.ceseqo</value>
    </property>
    <property name="mapper">
    <bean class="com.natixis.sphinx.batch.modele.mapping.Cli entRowMapper" />
    </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="clientFileWriter" class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.FlatFileI temWriter">
    <property name="resource" ref="resourceSortie1" />
    <property name="lineAggregator" >
    <bean class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.transform .DelimitedLineAggregator">
    <property name="delimiter" value=";"/>
    </bean>
    </property>
    <property name="fieldSetUnmapper" >
    <bean class="com.natixis.sphinx.batch.modele.mapping.Cli entFieldSetCreator" />
    </property>
    <property name="shouldDeleteIfExists" value="true"/>
    </bean>

<bean id="mapContext" class="com.natixis.sphinx.batch.domain.Context">
    <property name="map">
    <map>
    <entry key="resourceSortie1" value-ref="resourceSortie1"/>
    <entry key="dataSource" value-ref="dataSource"/>
    </map>
    </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="resourceSortie1" class="java.lang.String">
    <constructor-arg value="file:data/output/%batch.scheduleDate%.clients.txt"/>
    </bean>

</beans>
    I have read that the class org.springframework.batch.execution.resource.StepE xecutionProxyResource replace %% by the value of parameters but I don't know what I have to do to be able to use it.

Could you give me a sample which shows how to use parameters of batch in job.xml?

Thanks in advance (sorry for my bad english).

I think you mean
    Code:
    %{batch.scheduleDate}

Comment

I have tried:
      %{batch.scheduleDate}
      and
      %{batch.scheduleDate}%

but it isn't replaced by the value.

Comment

You need to use the actual StepExecutionResourceProxy, you're just creating a String. It should look something like:

Code:
        <bean id="resourceSortie1" class="org.springframework.batch.core.support.StepExecutionResourceProxy">
          <property name="filePattern" value="data/output/%batch.scheduleDate%.clients.txt" />
        </bean>
        I haven't checked that to ensure it's valid, but I think you get the idea. The spring container won't automatically convert your string using the proxy, you have to declare it directly.

Comment

I almost forget, you need to register the proxy with the step as well, so that it can get access to the job parameters.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

I tried the following job.xml:
            <bean id="ExtractionClientsJob" parent="simpleJob">
            <property name="steps">
            <list>
            <bean id="Extraction" parent="simpleStep">
            <property name="listeners" ref="resourceSortie1"/> <property name="commitInterval" value="2" />
            <property name="allowStartIfComplete" value="false" />
            <property name="itemReader" ref="DBInputTemplate" />
            <property name="itemWriter" ref="clientFileWriter"/>

</bean>
            </list>
            </property>
            </bean>
            <bean id="resourceSortie1" class="org.springframework.batch.execution.resource.StepE xecutionProxyResource">
            <property name="filePattern" value="data/output/%batch.scheduleDate%.clients.txt"/> </bean>
            But the error is always:
            The delegate resource has not been initialised. Remember to register this object as a StepListener.
            And I don't understand how to register this object as a StepListener.
            Could you clarify this point please?

Comment

You have registered the listener in the fragement you showed. Maybe we are missing something else? From the stack trace you can probably see where the resource is being used - my guess it is being used outside the step somewhere?

Comment

Yes it's used by clientFileWriter which is a FlatFileItemWriter:
                <bean id="clientFileWriter" class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.FlatFileI temWriter">
                <property name="resource" ref="resourceSortie1"/>
                <property name="lineAggregator" >
                <bean class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.transform .DelimitedLineAggregator">
                <property name="delimiter" value=";"/>
                </bean>
                </property>
                <property name="fieldSetUnmapper" >
                <bean class="com.natixis.sphinx.batch.modele.mapping.Cli entFieldSetCreator" />
                </property>
                <property name="shouldDeleteIfExists" value="true"/>
                </bean>
                But a flatFileItemWriter isn't a stepListener and can't register stepListener. Then I don't know what I must do.

Comment

You need to register the proxy as a StepListener, separate from the writer.

Comment

Sorry but I don't understand the code I must write to register the proxy.

Could you give me the code I must write in my job.xml or explain what I must do exactly (perhaps code in job.xml is good and I must create a itemReader class which implements ItemReadListener and then use my itemReader class instead of FlatFileItemReader)?

Comment

I don't have time to look back at M5, but the latest snapshot has a simple setListeners method. Something like:

Code:
                      defaultStepFactoryBean.setListeners(StepExecutionResourceProxy);
                      Of course this would be in xml and not code, but I think you get the idea. I believe in M5 you would need to set that directly on the ItemOrientedStep.
                      Last edited by lucasward; Mar 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM. Reason: fixed code tags

Comment

Originally posted by sandrine View Post
                        Yes it's used by clientFileWriter which is a FlatFileItemWriter
                        And is that file writer used somewhere outside a step? The stack trace might help.

Comment

here is the log:
                          ERROR - BatchMain.start(170) | Job Terminated in error:
                          org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'ExtractionClientsJob' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'Extraction' of type [org.springframework.batch.execution.step.support.D efaultStepFactoryBean] while setting bean property 'steps' with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'Extraction' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clientFileWriter' while setting bean property 'itemWriter'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'clientFileWriter' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The delegate resource has not been initialised. Remember to register this object as a StepListener.
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:229)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:117)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveManagedList(BeanDefinit ionValueResolver.java:286)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:126)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1274)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1042)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:539)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:485)
                          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Access Controller.java:197)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 51)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:169)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:170)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:413)
                          at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:735)
                          at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:369)
                          at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:122)
                          at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:66)
                          at com.natixis.sphinx.batch.BatchMain.start(BatchMain .java:146)
                          at com.natixis.sphinx.batch.BatchMain.main(BatchMain. java:212)
                          Caused by:
                          org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'Extraction' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'clientFileWriter' while setting bean property 'itemWriter'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'clientFileWriter' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The delegate resource has not been initialised. Remember to register this object as a StepListener.
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:274)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:104)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(Abs tractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1274)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:1042)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:539)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireC apableBeanFactory.java:485)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:455)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:219)
                          ... 20 more
                          Caused by:
                          org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'clientFileWriter' defined in class path resource [jobs/ExtractionClientsJob.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The delegate resource has not been initialised. Remember to register this object as a StepListener.
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1362)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:540)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 51)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:169)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:170)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:268)
                          ... 28 more
                          Caused by:
                          java.lang.IllegalStateException: The delegate resource has not been initialised. Remember to register this object as a StepListener.
                          at org.springframework.util.Assert.state(Assert.java: 355)
                          at org.springframework.batch.execution.resource.StepE xecutionProxyResource.getFile(StepExecutionProxyRe source.java:132)
                          at org.springframework.batch.io.file.FlatFileItemWrit er.afterPropertiesSet(FlatFileItemWriter.java:96)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1390)
                          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1359)
                          ... 37 more
                          I use a DefaultStepFactoryBean which has a listeners property like ItemOrientedStep has stepListeners property.

I have seen that in StepExecutionProxyResource there is a field named "delegate" which must not be null but there isn't setDelegate method in this class and so it is always null!!!

If I am wrong, could you say how to set the delegate?
                          Else could you add the setDelegate method in the next version?

I think I'm going to wait for the next version of spring Batch to use parameter of batch instead of system's parameter.

Sorry I should have had to see this problem before.

Comment

Delegate is set when the step starts and calls the beforeStep(..) callback, it's ok there is no setter for it.

Comment

This works just fine.

Here is the job:

<bean id="fixedLengthFaresAssessorToBlsJob" parent="simpleJob">

<property name="steps">

<bean id="stepReadFaresAssessorAndWriteToBls" parent="simpleStep">
                              <property name="listeners">
                              <list>
                              <ref bean="fileResource"/>
                              </list>
                              </property>
                              <!-- need a stream to open record before we read it in -->

<property name="streams" ref="faresAssessorFlatFileItemReader"/>
                              <property name="itemReader" ref="faresAssessorToBlsItemReader"/>
                              <property name="itemWriter" ref="blsWriter"/>
                              </bean>
                              </property>
                              </bean>

and resource:

<bean id="fileResource" class="org.springframework.batch.execution.resourc e.StepExecutionProxyResource">
                              <property name="filePattern" value="data/%file.name%"/>
                              </bean>

<bean id="faresAssessorFlatFileItemReader" class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.FlatFileI temReader">
                              <property name="resource" ref="fileResource" />
                              <property name="lineTokenizer" ref="faresAssessorFixedFileDescriptor" />
                              <property name="fieldSetMapper">
                              <bean class="org.springframework.batch.io.file.mapping.P assThroughFieldSetMapper" />
                              </property>
                              </bean>

Then just add job parameters as such:

jpb.addString("file.name", "fixedLengthFaresAssessorToBlsSmallData.txt");
                              launcher.run(job,jpb.toJobParameters());

Thanks.

Franz Garsombke

Comment

Working...
                              X