Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is it possible to add two more columns to the batch_job_execution table? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to add two more columns to the batch_job_execution table?

I am scheduling batch jobs dynamically from web page using quartz scheduler Api.Whatever batch job schedule information user entered into the web page..I am storing to a table called batch_schedule(which has id and version on it with some other scheduling information) in the database and using quartz scheduler to schedule it.When it's executing the job it's entering information into Batch_Job_Execution.Upto that point everything is fine.

To that Batch_Job_Execution we would like to add 2 more columns(id,version) so that we can easily map that table to batch_schedule.

I have batch_job_execution table in my oracle database..so adding 2 more columns is not a big deal.

But how can I change the Spring batch execution hibernate mapping xml files and dao classes in such a way that it should include these 2 columns dynamically whenever it's entering values into batch_job_execution table.
    And if I can do that will I need to make changes to any other classes too.

Your early response would be much appreciated.

What version of the framework are you using?

Since m4 Job Parameters have been used for just this scenario.

Comment

Is it possible to add two more columns to the batch_job_execution table?

Using m3.So will that be possible?

is it easy to upgrade to m4?

Comment

It is possible in M4, using JobParameters. There is a migration guide on the website for moving from m3 to m4.

Comment

I converted everything Spring Framework m4 from m3.My jdk is 1.4.,So I am getting the following error when I am trying to execute my job.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/StringBuilder
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.dao .JdbcJobDao.createJobKey(JdbcJobDao.java:142)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.dao .JdbcJobDao.findJobInstances(JdbcJobDao.java:197)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.Sim pleJobRepository.createJobExecution(SimpleJobRepos itory.java:156)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoi npointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:301)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocat ion.java:182)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :149)
          at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.Transa ctionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.jav a:106)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :171)
          at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocati onInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.j ava:89)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :171)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopPro xy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
          at $Proxy0.createJobExecution(Unknown Source)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.launch.SimpleJ obLauncher.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:78)
          at gov.ed.app.ats.batch.launch.DailyCountsJob.execute (DailyCountsJob.java:79)
          at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 02)
          at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:529)
          2008-02-27 13:40:05,375 ERROR [org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger] - <Job (group1.testing threw an exception.>
          org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [See nested exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/StringBuilder]
          at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 13)
          at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run (SimpleThreadPool.java:529)
          Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/StringBuilder
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.dao .JdbcJobDao.createJobKey(JdbcJobDao.java:142)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.dao .JdbcJobDao.findJobInstances(JdbcJobDao.java:197)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.repository.Sim pleJobRepository.createJobExecution(SimpleJobRepos itory.java:156)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoi npointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:301)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocat ion.java:182)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :149)
          at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.Transa ctionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.jav a:106)
          at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocati onInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.j ava:89)
          at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopPro xy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
          at $Proxy0.createJobExecution(Unknown Source)
          at org.springframework.batch.execution.launch.SimpleJ obLauncher.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:78)
          at gov.ed.app.ats.batch.launch.DailyCountsJob.execute (DailyCountsJob.java:79)
          at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:2 02)
          ... 1 more
          Last edited by arunaalluri; Feb 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Are you using our jars or compiling yourself?

Comment

using your jars

Comment

"java/lang/StringBuilder" is available in 1.5 or above

Comment

Working...
                X