Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container definition in the jar

Hi,

We are using Spring Batch as a dependency in Maven 2. Because the jars do not contain a simple-container-definition.xml I got the file from fish-eye, not realising I was looking at the trunk.

It became obvious very soon I was using the wrong definition - ClassCastExceptions etc. are a dead give away. So I had to go back to fish-eye, find the release I was using (m4) and get the file there.

What I would have expected was a definition (or more than one) in the jars - one that just requires a data source and transaction manager to be injected at my convenience. That way, major changes in the container definition won't effect me as a developer: I just use the definition of my choice and it would be your task to make sure the definition is working correctly.

Just an idea to make things easier (for me anyway).

Cheers.

We don't want to make that file (now renamed simple-job-launcher-context.xml) part of the core jar file because everyone is different, and we don't expect all projects to share the same parent context definition. If you do want to use that one it is in the .ZIP distro so you don't have to go to fisheye or SVN for it if you don't want to. Actually it's also in the spring-batch-samples.jar which is probably in the Maven repo, if you really wanted to depend on it that way.

Comment

Working...
    X