X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run the same job to completion multiple times

Migrating from an older version of the framework I notice that the column Job Run seems to have disappeared. Is it still possible to run a job to completion multiple times?

Setting all the steps to "allowStartIfComplete" is not an option, because the job can only restart from the beginning if all steps have completed succesfully. If this is not the case the restart should begin at the step that failed.

Which version of the framework did you upgrade to? In milestone 3, there is a Job Key and a schedule date column. You can easily increment a string key the same way you did job run to create a new Job Instance. In Milestone 4, a new object, JobParameters, has been introduced. This allows for much more flexibility by letting you set your own parameters (jobParametersBuilder.addString().addLong())

Comment

Originally posted by lucasward View Post
      Which version of the framework did you upgrade to? In milestone 3, there is a Job Key and a schedule date column. You can easily increment a string key the same way you did job run to create a new Job Instance. In Milestone 4, a new object, JobParameters, has been introduced. This allows for much more flexibility by letting you set your own parameters (jobParametersBuilder.addString().addLong())
      We did not upgrade yet, i downloaded the latest sources to see how much the framework has changed and how much effort an upgrade would take for our project. I was indeed planning to use the parameters field for introducing the concept of Jobrun again. I just wanted to make sure this functionality had not been replaced by something else before spending the effort to do so.

Comment

You should definitely have no issues keeping JobRun as a JobParameter in M4. Take a look at the DefaultJobParametersFactory to see a possible way to do it with no modifications (i.e. job.run(long)=3) or you could create your own factory.

Comment

Working...
        X