Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigaspaces execution engine

This looks interesting...

http://www.openspaces.org/display/SB...r+Spring+Batch

Is this in line with the roadmap for Spring Batch 1.1?

It's definitely interesting stuff. The guys at gigaspaces have always been very supportive, and asked from the beginning how they could insure Spring Batch and Gigaspaces can integrate.

I can't speak to the plan for 1.1, since we haven't really created one yet. We're solely focused on getting Release 1 out the door. However, I will say that the current changes to Milestone 4 (mainly chunk processing) would easily allow for JMS to be used in order to dispatch 'chunks' for processing. Since Gigaspaces is the only grid solution that has JMS integration (although It's my understanding that others are working on it) You should be able to use Gigaspaces after M4 is released, with a little work creating a JMS dispatch strategy (shouldn't be too difficult at all). This is of course assuming that nothing bad happens which causes chunk processing to go out of scope for Milestone 4. We don't foresee that happening, but I wanted to add the caveat.

Comment

That's good news!

Does anyone know what the difference between openspaces and gigaspaces is? Has anyone used the community edition xap?

Comment

1.1.0 and 2.0 are now planning. Can we know if the grid integration into Spring Batch is under review? Shall I create a JIRA for that to ensure this issue in the track?

Besides, any one here heard about GridGain? Could it also be a possible grid solution for Spring Batch?

Comment

Regarding GridGain, I know of at least one person on the forums that has claimed to have gotten spring batch to work on GrigGain, so I know it's possible.

Regarding GigaSpaces, during the development of 1.1 you should see some code from Dave Syer that uses JMS heavily, it essentially writes a 'chunk' of items to a queue. Since GigaSpaces already supports this and could pick them up on the other end, I'm not sure that there will really need to be any actual integration from them.

Comment

Working...
          X