Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Execution of restartSample through Servlet

Hello,
    I have tried to trigger the execution of the BatchCommandLineLauncher for restartSample through a servlet. For this purpose, I have made following changes in BatchCommandLineLauncher :

Created Default constructor
    Code:
    /**In BatchCommandLineLauncher code*******/
    //appended below lines.

//class level variable or Class Member.
    private String beanRefContextPath=null;	
    private String parentKey=null;

/**
    * When you create the object of BatchCommandLineLauncher,the
    * values for beanRefContextPath and parentKey are initialised.
    */
    public BatchCommandLineLauncher()
    {
    beanRefContextPath = System.getProperty(BEAN_REF_CONTEXT_KEY,
    				DEFAULT_BEAN_REF_CONTEXT_PATH);
    parentKey= System.getProperty(BATCH_EXECUTION_ENVIRONMENT_KEY,
    				DEFAULT_PARENT_KEY);
    beanFactoryLocator = ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator
    		.getInstance(beanRefContextPath);
    }

Changed the signature of the start function to :

/**
    * No need to provided parentKey parameter as it is * initialised to the required value while creating the * object : command
    */

/**In BatchCommandLineLauncher code*******/
    int start(String path, String jobName)

On Client side, I have designed a HTML page with a button. On Click of that button, I have call the servlet. The servlet has following service function :

Code:
    protected void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws ServletException, IOException 
    {
    	try
    	{
    	PrintWriter pw=res.getWriter();
    	pw.println("Calling BatchCommandLineLauncher default constructor i.e. with " +
    				"no parameter");
    		/**
    		 * When you create the object of BatchCommandLineLauncher, the values for 
    		 * beanRefContextPath and parentKey are initialised.
    		 */

BatchCommandLineLauncher command = new BatchCommandLineLauncher();
    pw.println("Calling start method of the BatchCommandLineLauncher with parameter :path and jobName");

/**
    		 * No need to provided parentKey parameter as it is initialised to the required
    		 * value while creating the object : command 
    		 */

int result = command.start("restartSample.xml", "restartSampleJob");		
    	pw.println("After start is called.");
    		}
    		catch (Exception e)
    		{
    			e.printStackTrace();
    		}
    	}

But on the click on the button , I encountered an exception on Tomcat console stated :

Code:
    09:53:09,068 FATAL BatchCommandLineLauncher:276 - org.springframework.beans.fact
    ory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'restartSampleJob' defi
    ned in class path resource [restartSample.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'step1'
     of type [org.springframework.batch.execution.step.SimpleStepConfiguration] whil
    e setting bean property 'steps'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.f
    actory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'step1' defined in c
    lass path resource [restartSample.xml]: Cannot create inner bean 'ExceptionResta
    rtableTasklet#fdb413' of type [ExceptionRestartableTasklet] while setting bean p
    roperty 'tasklet'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCre
    ationException: Error creating bean with name 'ExceptionRestartableTasklet#fdb41
    3' defined in class path resource [restartSample.xml]: Cannot create inner bean
    'org.springframework.batch.item.provider.ValidatingItemProvider#4b3f8b' of type
    [org.springframework.batch.item.provider.ValidatingItemProvider] while setting b
    ean property 'itemProvider'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.facto
    ry.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.bat
    ch.item.provider.ValidatingItemProvider#4b3f8b' defined in class path resource [
    restartSample.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'fileInputSource' while set
    ting bean property 'inputSource'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.
    factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'fileInputSource':
    Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitiali
    zerError
    According to my observation, the ConfigurableApplicationContext in start() function is working properly.The exeception is raise at this line :

context = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[] {path},parent);

Just for clarification : The values for path and parent which are supplied to above function are proper. I have checked the values by printing method on console.

If someone can help me.
    Thanks in advance.

The log says there was an error executing a static initializer of the 'fileInputSource' bean - the only static variable I can see in the source code is a logger, so that might be a clue. If logging itself is not the problem try to set log level to debug for the spring framework classes and you should get more information.

Comment

Why are you using the BatchCommandLineLauncher from within a servlet? It's really only intended to allow launching from the command line. Instead, I would use an implementation of the JobLauncher interface, and pass it a JobIdentifier.

Comment

Care to be more specific, w/ sample or document?

Comment

A basic example follows, it assumes that your application contexts have already been loaded at startup:

Code:
          //assume the context has already been obtained
          JobLauncher jobLauncher = (JobLauncher)applicationContext.getBean("jobLauncher");

JobIdentifier myJobId = new Jobidentifier("myJob");

jobLauncher.run(myJobId);
          Please excuse any errors, as I just typed it out directly into the post.

This is essentially all the batch command line launcher is doing, except it's doing a lot of work to locate and load application contexts (which isn't necessary in a servlet container) and pull parameters from the command line (also not necessary).

Comment

Thanks!
            Code:
            //assume the context has already been obtained
            SimpleJobLauncher jobLauncher = (SimpleJobLauncher)context.getBean( "jobLauncher" );
            JobIdentifier myJobId = new SimpleJobIdentifier( "myJob" );
            jobLauncher.run( myJobId );

Comment

Lucasward,

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked for me.

Comment

@ Guarav/All,
                Can you be more Specific , even my usecase is some what similar to your code .
                I happened to change a little bit of commandline class as per my requirement.
                But i want to trigger the batch process with a submit button .

Can you be more specific.

How did you trigger the batch using a screen.

Dumb brain of mine cant understand anything that easily.

Thanks & Regards
                Sandeep.S

Comment

Working...
                X