Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run the samples?

Hi,

I have downloaded the spring-batch-1.0.0.m3-with-dependencies.zip which contains jars for spring batch and samples but not the compiled classes for test files.

It did not contain any documentation on how to make it work. I know I am being a little lazy here; I could make it work it with trial/error. But quick steps from your side would help get quickly up and running.

I know maven/junit needs to be used here - can somebody let me the versions/plugins/steps involved here.

I am on java 1.4.2 / mvn 2 / oracle 10g.

Also let me know on how to get it working w/o maven preferrable in Eclipse /IBM RAD environment.

Regards
    Girish

The easiest way to go is to check out the source code - it includes the junit runners for sample jobs and an eclipse launcher.

You can use maven to build the project from command line, eclipse project files are included too (all you need to do is point the M2_REPO environment variable in eclipse to your maven repository and import the projects into workspace)

Comment

The eclipse setup has just changed so you will need to install m2eclipse plugin if you use the subversion trunk. Setting the M2_REPO variable should work for M3 release.

Comment

There are instructions on the website (http://static.springframework.org/sp...g-started.html) about how to unpack the .zip and get started.

Comment

Working...
        X