Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Rerun question

Hello All,

I have got a job which constitutes around 4-5 steps...When I run the job, I break the execution if any of the individual steps fail... I need to give the user options of either executing the job right from the beginning or from the point of failure i.e. the step at which there was a point of failure and accordingly the subsequent steps...How do I ensure that I can provide both at the same time ? Should I have two seperate job definitions ?

Thanks in advance

Regards...Vijay
    Last edited by vijaynairis; Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:42 AM.

It's safer to have two job identifiers at least (that way you can identify the job instances later). You can change the restartable flag to true of the existing configuration at runtime using system properties if you use the property override configurer (as per the samples). I would probably do it that way to avoid possible confusing errors when two people are trying to run the job at the same time.

Or you could use two job configurations to achieve pretty much the same thing (they can share all common properties using a parent bean definition).

Comment

Also keep in mind that there is an 'allowStartIfComplete' option on StepConfigurations. Setting this to false means that if you have 3 steps, and the first completes successfuly, but the second dies halfway through, restarting the job will start from step 2, skipping step 1. However, if set to true, step 1 will be rerun upon restart.

Comment

Working...
      X