Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started with Spring batch

Hi,
    I have installed maven and have all the spring batch jar files including the samples jar file. Can someone please help me to run the samples to get started ?

Thanks
    Naga

If I were you I would get the source code for the samples (and then the easiest way is to get all the source code for the whole project - I think we might try to make that easier). Then just do

$ mvn test

on the command line. Or use your IDE to run the unit tests in the samples project.

Comment

Getting Started with Spring batch

Dave, I'm using Jdeveloper as the IDE. I have the source code of the samples imported to the ide as a project and I don't see any unit test java files.

Thanks
      Naga

Comment

Getting Started with Spring batch

Hi,
        I was able to figure out how to run the samples. I tried running nfljob....and I get this error in the log.

Nov 29, 2007 12:31:37 PM org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.supp ort.BatchCommandLineLauncher start
        SEVERE: org.springframework.beans.factory.access.Bootstrap Exception: Unable to return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [batchExecutionEnvironment], from group with resource name [classpath*:beanRefContext.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No bean named 'batchExecutionEnvironment' is defined
        Process exited with exit code 1.

Comment

NFL job takes rather long to run, so I think it is broken deliberately as a temporary workaround to speed up running of the test suite as a whole.

Comment

I don't think it is broken - I can run it anyway. The error is saying that the beanRefContext.xml from the claspath does not contain a bean definition called "batchExecutionEnvironment". I'm not sure where that came from as the beanRefContext that we ship has "simple-container" as the context (I just fixed that http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...owse/BATCH-239). Maybe you need to launch it with -Dbatch.execution.environment.key=simple-container?

Comment

Working...
            X