Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with HibernateJobDao

When I use the Hibernate configuration I get the following exception:

Code:
    Hibernate: select this_.ID as ID0_0_, this_.version as version0_0_, this_.STATUS as STATUS0_0_, this_.JOB_NAME as JOB4_0_0_, this_.JOB_KEY as JOB5_0_0_ from BATCH_JOB this_ where case when this_.JOB_KEY is NULL then 'Simple' when this_.SCHEDULE_DATE is NULL then 'Default' else 'Scheduled' end='Default' and (this_.JOB_NAME=? and this_.JOB_KEY=?)

Hibernate: insert into BATCH_JOB (ID, version) values (null, ?) 
    2007-11-21 10:23:48,890 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter - Attempt to insert null into a non-nullable column: column: JOB_NAME table: BATCH_JOB in statement [insert into BATCH_JOB (ID, version) values (null, ?)]
    When I modify the sql file packaged with Spring batch to the following I don't get the exception.

Code:
    CREATE TABLE BATCH_JOB  ( 
            ID BIGINT IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY ,  
            VERSION BIGINT,  
            JOB_NAME VARCHAR(100) , 
            JOB_KEY VARCHAR(20) , 
            SCHEDULE_DATE DATE , 
            STATUS VARCHAR(10) );
    I think this is an issue in Spring Batch, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'm using a wrong configuration.

Is this a known issue?

JOB_NAME is not null for a reason so you shouldn't have to modify the DDL. I think someone else reported this problem and it turned out they had not configured the Hibernate LocalSessionFactory and/or the HibernateJobDao correctly. You need to inject the interceptor and EntityNameLocator, as per the samples (which changed recently so if you are using an old configuration with a new snapshot that might explain the problem).

Comment

I forgot to inject the EntityNameInterceptor. Thanks for pointing that out!

Comment

Working...
      X