Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch, ESB, integration products

Hi,

Can anybody help me understand in which way Spring Batch overlaps\differs with other opensource ESB\integration solutions like Mule?. As for what I see although Spring Batch is not being announced as an alternative to these kind of products, I think it could be one in many cases!

What do you think?

Thanks in advanced,

Martin G

I can see that there might be some overlap, but really Spring Batch is not an ESB, or vice versa. Spring Batch has a domain that relates to jobs and job execution. An ESB has a domain that relates to messages and payloads. An ESB is a "Bus" (the "B" from "ESB"), and Spring Batch has not intrinsic concept of that. Spring Batch tracks and collates data relating to identifiable jobs, and an ESB does not (usually anyway). It might be quite common to use an ESB as a transport medium for messages within a batch job, or to trigger the start of a job, but Spring Batch is agnostic as to how the data are processed and also how jobs are triggered.

Comment

There is a new project for Spring called "Spring Integration" which is more like an ESB. Spring Batch has nothing to do with ESB. It's for running batch jobs.

Comment

Working...
      X