</repository>
    <repository>
    <id>spring-snapshots</id>
    <url>
    https://springframework.svn.sourcefo...repo-snapshots
    </url>
    </repository>
    </repositories>

Added the ibiblio repo. Looks like its building correctly now, its not complete however. I will send a notice if the build was completely successful.

Kris Ramanah

Comment

Almost there

Lucas,

with the ibiblio added, the build went until the 'stax' jars and failed. However, it proceeded when I removed the ibiblio again.

Now, the build went quite a long way through, until I get the following

Code:
      [INFO] Compiling 49 source files to C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\target\classes
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
      [INFO] Compilation failure

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\AbstractJ
      obLauncher.java:[25,34] package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\AbstractJ
      obLauncher.java:[26,34] package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

obLauncher.java:[52,29] cannot find symbol
      symbol  : class Log
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.AbstractJobLauncher

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\SimpleJob
      Launcher.java:[20,34] package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\SimpleJob
      Launcher.java:[46,29] cannot find symbol
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.SimpleJobLauncher

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\TaskExecu
      torJobLauncher.java:[24,34] package org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\execution\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\execution\bootstrap\TaskExecu
      torJobLauncher.java:[60,29] cannot find symbol
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.TaskExecutorJobLauncher

obLauncher.java:[52,42] cannot find symbol
      symbol  : variable LogFactory
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.AbstractJobLauncher

Launcher.java:[46,42] cannot find symbol
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.SimpleJobLauncher

torJobLauncher.java:[60,42] cannot find symbol
      location: class org.springframework.batch.execution.bootstrap.TaskExecutorJobLauncher
      Can you help?

Regards
      Kris

Comment

I'm not quite sure what to make of that error. commons logging is definitely a dependency (either explicitly or transitively) of spring-batch that should be downloaded. What goals are you trying to run?

Comment

I am just running mvn install on the command line.

Guys out there, am I the only one getting this?

Thanks
          Kris

Comment

Further progress

Hello guys,
            I commented the following in execution's pom to make things go a little further

Code:
            <dependency>
            			<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
            			<artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
            			<version>3.2.3.ga</version>
            			<optional>true</optional>
            			<exclusions>
            				<!--exclusion>
            					<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
            					<artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
            				</exclusion-->
            				<exclusion>
            However, I am now getting this error

Code:
            [INFO] Compiling 74 source files to C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\target\classes
            [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
            [INFO] Compilation failure

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\JdbcCustomerDebitWri
            ter.java:[20,37] package org.springframework.jdbc.core does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\JdbcCustomerDebitWri
            ter.java:[32,12] cannot find symbol
            symbol  : class JdbcOperations
            location: class org.springframework.batch.sample.dao.JdbcCustomerDebitWriter

ter.java:[39,32] cannot find symbol
            symbol  : class JdbcOperations
            location: class org.springframework.batch.sample.dao.JdbcCustomerDebitWriter

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\mapping\CustomerCreditRo
            wMapper.java:[7,37] package org.springframework.jdbc.core does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\mapping\CustomerCreditRo
            wMapper.java:[9,48] cannot find symbol
            symbol: class RowMapper
            public class CustomerCreditRowMapper implements RowMapper {

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\SqlNflPlayerSummaryD
            ao.java:[5,45] package org.springframework.jdbc.core.support does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\SqlNflPlayerSummaryD
            ao.java:[6,32] package org.springframework.util does not exist

ao.java:[8,44] cannot find symbol
            symbol: class JdbcDaoSupport
            public class SqlNflPlayerSummaryDao extends JdbcDaoSupport implements OutputSource {

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\SqlNflPlayerDao.java
            :[9,41] package org.springframework.beans.factory does not exist

C:\Projects\Research\checkouts\spring-batch\07_09_07\spring_batch\samples\src\main\java\org\springframework\batch\sample\dao\SqlNflPlayerDao.java
            :[10,37] package org.springframework.jdbc.core does not exist
            I will try to modify the pom of 'samples' and see what happens.

Thanks
            Kris

Comment

Success!!

Finally,

the mvn install command succeeded.
              In the samples's pom I commented as shown below

Code:
              <dependency>
              			<groupId>org.springmodules</groupId>
              			<artifactId>spring-modules-validation</artifactId>
              			<version>0.8</version>
              			<exclusions>
              				<!--exclusion>
              					<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
              					<artifactId>spring</artifactId>
              				</exclusion-->
              				<exclusion>
              					<groupId>rhino</groupId>
              					<artifactId>js</artifactId>
              				</exclusion>
              				<exclusion>
              Hope my posts will help others make their build quicker, so we can all start adding our part to the spring-batch.

Thanks
              Kris

Comment

Hi all,

this is no solution in the long run but may help those who want to get started with it
                If you want to build the acegi projects after checking out the code from svn with
                svn co http://acegisecurity.svn.sourceforge...ecurity/trunk/
                set the maven.test.skip flag:

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

Regards

Thomas

Comment

Thomas,

I think you might have the wrong forum, this is the spring-batch forum, not spring-security. However, it should be noted that the default profile in spring-batch is same as running with -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true, which means that test failures won't prevent you from successfully building the project. There are other profiles that can be used (scrict is one I believe) that will fail if any unit tests fail.

Comment

Working...
                  X