X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we can see some release ?

'We might be ready next Friday' was reported by you in this forum, more than a 2 months ago... I can understand all issues that might surround this (frame)work, but at least, give us some estimate...

A lot of us have requested an estimate, until now none is given.

I still believe that Spring Batch is a great addition to the Spring portfolio and that it addresses a real need. However due to the lack of (milestone) releases I think many have turned away or are hacking away on there own solution. At least that is what I did, because I needed some batch processing done, and couldn't afford to wait any longer.

Comment

I'm facing the exact same problem and I'm forced to create my own framework now because of the project schedule.

Comment

Same here...

I had to develop our own framework for the solution this time. Besides, it's too risky to rely on a framework just released. A wise man said until 3.0, softwares are still beta.

Anyway, I like the idea of Spring Batch. I'm willing to evaluate and if it meets our needs I'll definitely recommend to my customer in the future. So team, please take your time. I wait for the release with great interest.

Comment

Hi Dave,

We would really like to see a release date whether it is end of this year or end of this month....I do hope you appreciate the interest taht we have shown and you would have some concrete information for us

Regards...Vijay

Comment

Thanks for being patient. I really don't have any control over the schedule at this point - it's not a technical decision. I will lose no time in getting the code out as soon as we get the green light. The first stage will be to put everything in SVN so people can access it anonymously as per the usual Spring access. Pretty soon after that (as soon as the first CI build) there will be snapshot releases available in the Spring snapshots repo at https://springframework.svn.sourcefo...repo-snapshots. We are ready for the m2 release pretty much as soon as we can publish the download link on sourceforge. Then there will be hopefully plenty of feedback from everyone here to guide us towards an m3, and rc1.

Comment

Sorry Dave, but 'When' ?

Sorry Dave, but our questions/prayers have not yet been answered... What we asked is WHEN... I appreciate your time and effort to respond here but if you cannot tell us when, please ask somebody who can, and give us a simple estimate so we can make our plans/decisions...

Comment

I guess the statement that its no longer a technical decision is really unnerving....I still am keeping my hopes...and have started work on my framework using the same "template" based design hoping that I can just plug-out my code and plug in your framework

Comment

Originally posted by toshifumi View Post
                  A wise man said until 3.0, softwares are still beta.
                  Even wiser men use 3.0 as initial version.

Comment

That's why Windows changed it versioning .

Comment

Working...
                    X