X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to svn checkout

http://static.springframework.org/sp...epository.html implies that I can checkout from https://svn.interface21.com/svn/i21/spring-batch/trunk but that url requires a username/password. Same for the non-SSL version.

Try

svn checkout https://springframework.svn.sourcefo...ng-batch/trunk batch

Comment

That worked (somewhat)

Thanks Dan.

That worked, though there's nothing really there yet. Any due date on when the code will be released to svn?

Comment

We currently haven't pushed any code to the official sourceforge repository yet, but Dan was correct, this will be the ultimate home for the code base. We want and need to make sure that the code-base is stable, well tested, and is of the quality you have come to expect of Spring. We had aimed to have this complete leading up to JavaOne; however, some key refactoring efforts have pushed this back. We'll make an announcement as soon as the code has be released to sourceforge.

-Lucas

Comment

@bayard, I posted the SVN URL before I actually looked at what's in there.

@Lucas, is it possible to get a glimpse at what will be available regarding support for fixed length files? I'm about to start working on something similar, so this could be of great help.

Thanks,
          Dan

Comment

Dan, There will definitely be support for fixed length files. (Including multiple line types per files) We're currently refactoring some around file input, so the exact interface could change, but the essential support would allow for a file to be described in xml, which would be used to 'tokenize' each line based on the descriptor. The tokenized input can then be accessed in a method similar to a ResultSet. (i.e. .readInt(columnIndex)).

Comment

Still not able to access code

I am about to start on spring enabled batch framework for my project. I would really like to avoid doing the framework, only to migrate later to spring batch. My project is due august.
              Can some one please provide an official release date for spring batch?

Comment

Lucas, I just found the JavaDocs at http://static.springframework.org/sp...cture/apidocs/ , and the support for writing flat files is quite similar to what I've come up with.

Can't wait to get my hands on the code!

Comment

The code isn't out there yet but as Dan indicated the API doc is there. So, can we assume that the API won't change? Or will the large refactoring effort currently undertaken change the API as well?

Thanks,

Comment

The API is not stable yet. Hence the lack of a public release. Sorry everyone, but we don't want to rush it and get it wrong. I will update the website with the current Javadocs snapshot - there have already been some changes to simplify the tokenizer API for instance.

Comment

Dave is there a timeframe for the first public (beta/alpha) release? I would, as many of us I guess, love to get a look at the code and use spring-batch in our application. We just decided we needed batch processing (processing 10000 users in one go isn't really helping us ).

Comment

In JavaOne they had said "in two weeks" if I remember correctly... So I think they're running a little bit late .

Comment

We are running a bit late, but nearly there. I would be prepared to put the code into sourceforge ahead of a release but there are still some boring build-related issues we have to deal with first. For instance we are having some issues with integration tests that pass in Eclipse, but not in the Maven build, and we will have to get that sorted before we can move to the public repo.

Comment

Release data (sorry for asking again)

Hi dave,

By early June, is it going to be soon ?? My folks out here are going in for an SQL loader solution but have managed to convince them to wait until next week end...to see if the framework would be up.....do tell me it would be

Thanks...VJ

Comment

Sorry I still can't make a definite date for publishing the code.

Note that when we do publish it will be pre-M2, and M2 is a milestone (clue in the name), so while we will try to make sure that functionally nothing regresses from there, there are no guarantees about the APIs. Expect some refactoring as we get closer to a release candidate.

Comment

Working...
                              X