X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repository of reusable Spring Batch solutions

The Spring Batch samples are useful for demonstrating the different capabilities that Spring Batch offers. However, they are not generic utilities that can be used by just anyone. When I write "generic utilities" I envision an executable jar file with maybe a properties file configuration and possibly some other configuration files that don't require Java skills to modify.

For example, I'm working on a generic utility that will put a master-detail hierarchy of multiple RDBMS result sets into an output file that is templated by freemarker FTLs. The object used by FreeMarker is a Map (master) of Maps (detail). (In my current case the output is XML so the master-detail structure translates very well.) The end user would configure:
    1. basic batch properties e.g. input data source parameters, output file name and directories, etc.
    2. an xml file describing the master detail hierarchy and the queries to generate the result sets
    3. the FreeMarker template

Another generic solution might be a file merge sort.
    Does anyone know if there is a repository of solutions like these? Does SpringSource host a repository like this?
Working...
X