Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting simple tasklets

Hi,

having a problem understanding the basic mostly.

I have a service wired together with Spring Integration, a mighty fine piece of software. There are several concurrent consumers that are polling and AMQP queue for messages. When there is a message, there one of the channels triggers a file download service, than the message gets transformed into a JobLaunchRequest and a job is being run. After it has finished the message gets transformed again and the subject of the job is being uploaded elsewhere.

Now my jobs are mostly invoking simple shell scripts and a few service beans, also mostly doing operations on a single file (but there is a flow of operations on it), so nothing that would require a reader/writer, so simple tasklets suffice. The problem I am however facing is how to configure retrying/skipping exceptions in such cases?

Has anyone any experience with that? Appreciate any advice, maybe my whole logic is flawed.

cheers,
    Peter

Bump.

Anyone any clue on how to handle a flow like this?

Comment

The idea of the Tasklet is that you roll your own processing model. The concept of skip/retry is based on the item/chunk processing model and therefore is not available to a Tasklet. Do keep in mind that you can have a Tasklet repeat based on the RepeatStatus that it returns.

Comment

Thanks so much for clarifying will look into it.

cheers,
        pejot

Comment

Working...
        X