Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archiving files that are partitioned

Hi Michael,
    In my batch process implementation, I have a requirement that once files are processed, they need to be archived into different directory. Now this works fine by using a tasklet adapter and apache commons file utils to move the file when we had a single file for batch processing. Recently inorder to improve performance, we had to paritition a file for a job and run them in parallel using the MutliResourcePartitioniner. Adding to that , we have had to add new jobs (about 8 of them). Is there an optimal way to use the same tasklet adapter bean but provide the paritioned file names and path at run time so that we could reuse the same bean across the jobs and not all of them use partitioning. Are there any best practices or easy routes that I might be missing?

A second question I had was regarding the deployments of spring batch. I did see some posts about these being deployed in tomcat and as stand alone. Is there a recommendation of one over the other? If its given that there are no preferences among the two in a deployment perspective, which one would be your suggested mode of deployment?

Many Thanks,
    Anoop
Working...
X