Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increasing duration between steps over a long period

Dear all,

my job does some file analysis over a quite long period of time. There are ~1200 files to read and analyse.
    Within the job specification, I do iteration over a set of 10 steps required to analyse a single file.

Now I am facing a increased duration on analyzing a file. At start a single iteration over 10 steps took ~ 10 seconds, on half-time the iteration took ~7 minutes. While the execution time of each step approximately constant, the time between ending a step and starting the next one increased from 500 ms to 11 seconds!!

A memory issue?
    Did anyone experience similar behaviour?

Require code? Please let me know!
    Thank you very much in advance for your help!!

Penny_Wise

... perhaps we found the reason: STEP_EXECUTION_CONTEXT (repository table)

We do some logging into database tables, and access of STEP_EXECUTION_CONTEXT got quite slow. After truncating the table, spring batch got fast as light again.

Comment

Did you do any research into what the query was that was the bottle neck? What database type? unless the table had gotten huge, I'd expect it to have a nominal impact at best...

Comment

Our db expert mentioned the clob as possible bottleneck.
        The db is an oracle 11g. In fact, I generated ~16k rows in that table. Using Toad for displaying the data, we experienced slow performance, too. So from my point of view this isn't a spring batch specific issue.

Nevertheless I would appreciate features concerning a configuration of logging-depth. I quickly scanned the docs today, but wasn't lucky, though. Is there any possibility? THANKS!

Comment

Working...
        X