Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlatFileHeaderCallback with access to ExecutionContext

Hello.

I'm using FlatFileItemWriter with FlatFileHeaderCallback. My FlatFileHeaderCallback needs to retrieve some values from the ExecutionContext. How will my FlatFileHeaderCallback implementation gain access to the ExecutionContext?

I tried implementing the StepExecutionListener and the ItemStream, but none of their methods were called.

Alternative approaches I see seem to look more like a workaround:
    1. Create an ItemWriter that either extends or wraps a FlatFileItemWriter, and override or implement either StepExecutionListener or ItemStream to get the ExecutionContext and pass it to the FlatFileHeaderCallback implementation's constructor.
    2. Add a StepExecutionListener in the step and pass the FlatFileHeaderCallback implementation. StepExecutionListener will then set the ExecutionContext.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You can inject the values directly from the ExecutionContext into the header callback with SpEL expressions if you use scope="step".

Code:
    <bean id="headerCallback" class="MyHeaderCallback" scope="step">
        <property name="foo" value="#{jobExecutionContext['foo']}" />
    </bean>
    The StepExecutionListener or ItemStream approaches should work too, but you need to register them properly in your step configuration.

Comment

Great, thanks jpraet for the suggestion. I referred back to the documentation.
      Also, I actually forgot to register the one implementing the StepExecutionListener, and it now works.

Comment

Working...
      X