X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StackEventItemReader open() Failure -Very wierd

We are using the StaxEventItemReader. The xml file (input resource) is not found. It does error out with an illegal state exception as expected. However after this happens, there is another job that is getting invoked. The second is the excel item reader which internally extends that AbstractItemCountingItemStreamReader of Spring batch. Now when the second job trigger is invoked, am seeing that the input file resource of the first job is still being tried to open rather than the input resource of the second job (which is a separate xls file that gets printed in the second job trigger - however, soon after the trigger code, am seeing that the application code goes into the AbstractItemCountingItemStreamReader of the first job which should never happen)

I can bring up logs and if this is an error I can raise a JIRA inf needed..Please helpppppppp

Thinking that this is related to the thread not safe (well known) of the StaxEventItemReader and AbstractItemCountingItemReader I did create separate ccopies of both these classes for the 2 jobs. Still am seeing the second job picking up the first job's resource...and does not get reinitialized..please help...

Comment

Resolved it myself. was a problem with the bean ids not being unique. So, when the second developer checked in code that had bean ids that were the same of the existing ones already present in the application, the first job that was there in the application started behaving wierdly! Thanks for whom ever wanted to reply to this thread!

Comment

Working...
      X