Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure a step for NON item oriented processing?

Is it true that a step has to be item oriented?

Spring Batch is item oriented because it is a good practise in batch designing and easier to process data.

Of course, you also can return a List of items from a ItemReader, but it is tedious to iterate lists in the ItemProcessor and the source code is not clear.

Hope to help you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I understand the item oriented processing nature, but often there are requirements to pre-process all batch items, for example validating the total count, before starting each item processing. Just want to configure this pre-processing as part of the batch job within spring batch, otherwise I would have to create a totally different job to do that step, then trigger the spring batch job afterwards.

Comment

I think you can define in the same job two jobs: the first step do all the validations and the, if and only if this step ends ok (COMPLETED), go to the next step to process irem by item.

Regards,

Comment

I don't get what you mean. Are you saying you can configure a spring batch job to do the validation that I wanted? Doesn't it imply I can create non-item oriented processing?

Comment

Not all steps are required to be item based. The Tasklet interface is intended for you to implement non item based processing. http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ml#taskletStep

Comment

Originally posted by mminella View Post
              Not all steps are required to be item based. The Tasklet interface is intended for you to implement non item based processing. http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ml#taskletStep
              Yes, that it was I would want to explain

Comment

Working...
              X