Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Variables values remain in memory after Spring Batch Job execution Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variables values remain in memory after Spring Batch Job execution

My project has several processes that are been executed each day. The problem I found is that after a job execution, when I execute again the same process (with different job parameters, of course) I see Spring batch generates a new Job instance BUT the variables values remain in memory for the new execution.

How is it possible? New instances don't create new Java instances? Problem configuration?

My JobLoader configuration:

Code:
    <bean id="jobLoader" class="org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.support.AutomaticJobRegistrar">
        <property name="applicationContextFactories">
            <bean class="org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.support.ClasspathXmlApplicationContextsFactoryBean">
                <property name="resources" value="classpath*:/META-INF/spring/batch/jobs/*.xml" />
            </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="jobLoader">
            <bean class="org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.support.DefaultJobLoader">
                <property name="jobRegistry" ref="jobRegistry" />
            </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>

Thanks,

What do you mean by "variables"? Of the top of my head, I would want to see your job configuration. By default, Spring beans are singletons so launching a new job instance using them would not create new instances of these classes and so the state would persist. If you can provide your job configuration, it would help.

Comment

Ok mminella, that is what I was thinking. I don't have right now the job configuration but I can tell you how I design my batch processes: ItemReader, ItemProcessor and ItemWriter are beans, and the problem I realize is that, after a execution, all the values (List, String, etc...) persist in memory. Of course, in the @AfterStep I control this problem, by initializing all the values.

What do you think about this?

Comment

What about declaring them as prototypes instead of singletons?

Comment

Well, maybe. I test it for one process tomorrow, but I would like to know the best way to design a Spring Batch process.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X