Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch Admin - Login help required

Spring Batch Admin - Login help required

Hi,

I need to perform LDAP authentication. I have the code to perform the authentication but I need help :
    - how to include my login page in spring batch. (as welcome screen).
    Spring batch menus should not appear here.
    - How to read username and password in my servlet(how to redirect through web-inf stuffs by overriding what
    spring batch provides).
    - I want to write my own controller that reads request paramaters and perform LDAP authentication.
    - Only after successful login, user should be able to access spring batch menus/screens(job,Executions etc.)
    - On failue, I want to render and error screen.
    - A logout link.

Could you please guide/help/share code to implement the same.

Regards,
    Ankit Gupta

See Spring Security API for configuration and integration. The samples are pretty good.
    1. Wire Spring Security into Batch Admin web app.
    2. Start out using local credentials.
    3. Once your happy with the setup then switch out the local credentials for real ldap system.
    4. Test your ldap configs.
    5. Then fully test authentication and authorization.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

PS. Check out this Spring Security presentation: http://www.springsource.org/node/3670
    Last edited by visualjeff; Sep 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM. Reason: minor edit. Added url

Comment

Attachment
      Thanks a ton visualjeff.
      I am facing one more issue in Spring Batch Admin. Immediately after launching my job, the history of executed jobs jobs appears with its details including the details latest job launched.
      The problem is status of latest job launched appears as started and remains stuck, it does not get changed to COMPLETED.
      Please see the snapshot for details. In screen shot : JOB id with 1841 was launched whose entry appears in the list but its status appears as STARTED only and doest not get changed completed event though the STATUS in spring batch tables is changed to Completed.
      I am a bit new to FTL pages which is used in Spring Batch Admin. Please tell me how to fix this.
      Code snipper for this row : <#if jobInstanceInfo.lastJobExecution??>
      <#assign execution_url><@spring.url relativeUrl="${servletPath}/jobs/executions/${jobInstanceInfo.lastJobExecution.id?c}"/></#assign>
      <!--<td><a href="${execution_url}">${jobInstanceInfo.lastJobE xecution.status}</a></td> -->
      <td>${jobInstanceInfo.lastJobExecution.status}</td>
      <#else>
      <td>?</td>
      </#if>
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X