Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
routing data to multiple files in item writer based on item's property as criteria Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routing data to multiple files in item writer based on item's property as criteria

I am getting a list of items in my reader.

There is a property called CODE in each item object having several possible values not known to me before hand.

1) Based on the value of CODE in each item, I want to write that particular item in a output file pertaining to that CODE. For e.g. if my current item's code is "abc", the item should be written in to abc.txt in the writer.

2) If there is a code "xyz" in current item, for which the file is not present, a new file should get created and the item should go to that file.

3) For all such multiple files created based on code, I also want to add a header and footer call back to enter some details e.g. count of items in each file.

Is it possible to have a writer, which satisfies above 3 requirements ?

I know that using multiresourceitemwriter, one can divide the data among multiple output files. But as far as I know, this division is based on the number of items. For e.g. first 10 items in file1, next 10 in file2 and so on. So, I think I can not use multiresourceitemwriter for my issue.

I can not use BackToBackPatternClassifier as it knows the number of writers present. However, I do not have the Code list available beforehand.

But how to route data to output files based on an item property as mentioned in my question ?

I am well acquainted with Spring Batch and just need a little guidance since this is the first time I am facing this kind of issue.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by nikunj_c; Sep 17th, 2012, 06:04 AM.

org.springframework.batch.item.support.CompositeItemWriter

The class allows you to implement multiple itemWriters as a composite.

Give it a try.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
    X