Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problems using -next option with the CommandLineRunner and JDBC back-end Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems using -next option with the CommandLineRunner and JDBC back-end

Trying to get up to speed by running a simple Hello World app with the JDBC back-end. I'm having trouble passing the "-next" parameter into the CommandLineRunner with a JDBC back end.

My initial problem before trying "-next" was this:

A job execution for this job is already running: JobInstance: id=2, version=0, JobParameters=[{}], Job=[simpleJo
    My job persistence set-up looks like this:

Code:
    <bean id="jobRepository" class="org.springframework.batch.core.repository.support.SimpleJobRepository">
            <constructor-arg ref="jobInstanceDao"/>
            <constructor-arg ref="jobExecutionDao"/>
            <constructor-arg ref="stepExecutionDao"/>
            <constructor-arg ref="executionContextDao"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="jdbcTemplate" class="org.springframework.jdbc.core.simple.SimpleJdbcTemplate">
            <constructor-arg ref="dataSource"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="jobIncrementer" class="org.springframework.jdbc.support.incrementer.MySQLMaxValueIncrementer">
            <constructor-arg value="BATCH_JOB_SEQ"/>
            <constructor-arg value="id"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="jobExecutionIncrementer" class="org.springframework.jdbc.support.incrementer.MySQLMaxValueIncrementer">
            <constructor-arg value="BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION_SEQ"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="stepExecutionIncrementer" class="org.springframework.jdbc.support.incrementer.MySQLMaxValueIncrementer">
            <constructor-arg value="BATCH_STEP_EXECUTION_SEQ"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="jobInstanceDao" class="org.springframework.batch.core.repository.dao.JdbcJobInstanceDao"
              p:jdbcTemplate-ref="jdbcTemplate"
              p:jobIncrementer-ref="jobIncrementer"/>

<bean id="jobExecutionDao" class="org.springframework.batch.core.repository.dao.JdbcJobExecutionDao"
              p:jobExecutionIncrementer-ref="jobExecutionIncrementer"/>

<bean id="stepExecutionDao" class="org.springframework.batch.core.repository.dao.JdbcStepExecutionDao"
              p:stepExecutionIncrementer-ref="stepExecutionIncrementer"/>

<bean id="executionContextDao" class="org.springframework.batch.core.repository.dao.JdbcExecutionContextDao"
              p:jdbcTemplate-ref="jdbcTemplate"/>

<bean id="jobLauncher" class="org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher"
              p:taskExecutor-ref="taskExecutor"
              p:jobRepository-ref="jobRepository"/>
    I added a dynamic job parameters class to supply the parameters:

Code:
    public JobParameters getNext(JobParameters parameters) {
            date = new Date();

parameters = new JobParametersBuilder()
                    .addLong("currentTime", System.currentTimeMillis())
                    .toJobParameters();
            return parameters;
        }
    I inject that into the jobParametersIncrementer property of SimpleJob

Code:
        <bean id="simpleJob" class="org.springframework.batch.core.job.SimpleJob"
              p:name="simpleJob"
              p:jobParametersIncrementer-ref="dynamicJobParameters"
              p:jobRepository-ref="jobRepository"
                >
            <property name="steps">
                <list>
                </list>
            </property>
        </bean>
    Everything works fine if I run things manually:

Code:
    private void run() {
            try {
                ApplicationContext applicationContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[]{"classpath:application-test-context.xml"});
                SimpleJob job = (SimpleJob)applicationContext.getBean("simpleJob");
                SimpleJobLauncher jobLauncher = (SimpleJobLauncher)applicationContext.getBean("jobLauncher");
                DynamicJobParameters dynamicJobParameters = (DynamicJobParameters)applicationContext.getBean("dynamicJobParameters");
                jobLauncher.run(job, dynamicJobParameters.getNext(null));
            } catch (Exception e) {
                logger.error(e,e);
            }

}
    If I use the "-next" parameter on the CommandLineJobRunner that causes this error:

Job Terminated in error: A JobExplorer must be provided for a restart or start next operation. Please add one to the configuration.
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: A JobExplorer must be provided for a restart or start next operation. Please add one to the configuration.
    I set-up the JobExplorer like this:

Code:
         <bean id="jobOperator"
              class="org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobOperator"
              p:jobLauncher-ref="jobLauncher"
              p:jobExplorer-ref="jobExplorer"
              p:jobRepository-ref="jobRepository"
              p:jobRegistry-ref="jobRegistry"/>

<bean id="jobRegistry"
              class="org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.support.MapJobRegistry"/>

<bean class="org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.support.JobRegistryBeanPostProcessor"
              p:jobRegistry-ref="jobRegistry"/>

<bean id="jobExplorer"
              class="org.springframework.batch.core.explore.support.JobExplorerFactoryBean"
              p:dataSource-ref="dataSource"/>
    That, in turn, leads to this error:

Job Terminated in error: No job configuration with the name [simpleJob] was registered
    org.springframework.batch.core.launch.NoSuchJobExc eption: No job configuration with the name [simpleJob] was registered
    at org.springframework.batch.core.configuration.suppo rt.MapJobRegistry.getJob(MapJobRegistry.java:78)
    I think that is because "jobRegistry" is using MapJobRegistry. I didn't see an implementation that would allow me to tie the jobOperator back to my SimpleJobRepository.

What is the correct set-up so that I can pass "-next" into the CommandLineRunner using my JDBC-backed SimpleJobRepository?
Working...
X