Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Process Date as a Parameter for jobs

Hi,

I am helping to design a system using Spring Batch to replace a legacy system based on IBM AS 400. In the old system they have a job control table with the following fields...

Application Code
    Process Date
    Run Status Code

Each job has a unique application code. When it runs it goes to this table and picks up the process date for which it must run (this will be the business date for which the job is being run). It also update the status code to "In Process".

My dilemna is trying to decide if we still need this table in the new system we are implementing with SB. I know the SB job control tables keep track of the status of our jobs. But what about this process date field? The legacy guys claim that in the event of a disaster they can easily run the jobs for 2, 3 or any number of business days prior to current date through this field. They claim they do not even need to update this field because the job will just go and pick up the last date which does not have a status of "Processed". So does SB have an equivalent of this process date, and if not how difficult would it be to add one?

Thanks for any advice.
Working...
X