Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Advice needed for POC

Hi

I am a batch Newbie looking to do a POC to replace a legacy job using Spring Batch. I have been doing some learning but I would like some advice on the functional side.

I have a table which has around 1 million MasterRecords in it and each one of these MasterRecords has 1 record each in 5 views (lets call them SlaveRecords1, SlaveRecords2 ... SlaveRecords5). The cost of retrieving a SlaveRecord using a MasterRecordId is low although these SlaveRecords views are really humongous because they are built on other views/tables and PL/SQL functions. The requirement is simple - read all master records and corresponding slave records and write them to a file.

An initial idea I have is to slice the MasterRecords table into partitions and use PartitionedStep. But with in each Step, how do I efficiently retrieve the SlaveRecords?. The way I currently perceive it, after retrieving each MasterRecord I have to make 5 queries to retrieve the 5 corresponding slave records. Are there any patterns in Spring batch to do this in a better way? I have been reading about driving query pattern but even in that case I still have to make 5 queries each for every record ( A join is really hard bcos of the complexity of the views)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben

Ben,

After partitioning the MasterRecords, to retrieve slave records you can make use of StoredProcedure.

Comment

Working...
    X