Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Batch Admin - Home Menu Breaks When Using A ServletMapping Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch Admin - Home Menu Breaks When Using A ServletMapping

I'm trying to find a way around this issue at this point and think it should be fixed in the next release.

Currently the HomeMenu registers itself with the URL "" as seen below:

Code:
    	public HomeMenu() {
    		super("", "Home", Integer.MIN_VALUE);
    	}
    This works fine if you are mapping the dispatcher servlet to root "/"; however, if you follow the guidelines for changing the default mapping (to lets say "/batch") which involves updating the web.xml servlet-mapping
    Code:
    	<servlet-mapping>
    		<servlet-name>Batch Servlet</servlet-name>
    		<url-pattern>/batch/*</url-pattern>
    	</servlet-mapping>
    and then overriding the resourceService
    Code:
    	<bean id="resourceService" class="org.springframework.batch.admin.web.resources.DefaultResourceService">	
    		<property name="servletPath" value="/batch"/>
    	</bean>
    the Home link stops working because the code will concat the prefix and url resulting in "/batch". If I change the servletPath in resource service to "/batch/" the Home link works again but the rest break because you end up with urls like "/batch//jobs".

Long story short, HomeMenu should really pass "/" to BaseMenu or more accurately "/home".

Finally, to my question. Is there an easy way to override the HomeMenu bean to use "/home" instead until the code is updated? It doesn't have an id defined for it in the manager-context.xml so I'm not sure how

Code:
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.admin.web.HomeMenu" parent="baseMenu"/>
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.admin.web.JobsMenu" parent="baseMenu"/>
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.admin.web.ExecutionsMenu" parent="baseMenu"/>
    	<bean class="org.springframework.batch.admin.web.FilesMenu" parent="baseMenu"/>
    I've thought about overriding the menuManager itself and manually grabbing the HomeMenu after its been injected but hate hacks like that. If anyone has another idea, please let me know. Thanks!

I've seen this as well. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best workaround?

Comment

I did a work around for this. Drop the following code in WEB-INF/web/layouts/html/navigation.ftl

Code:
      <#assign home_url><@spring.url relativeUrl="${servletPath}/"/></#assign>
      <#assign company_url><@spring.messageText code="company.url" text=companyUrl!"http://www.springsource.com"/></#assign>
      <#assign company_name><@spring.messageText code="company.name" text=companyName!"SpringSource"/></#assign>
      <#assign product_url><@spring.messageText code="product.url" text=productUrl!"http://static.springframework.org/spring-batch"/></#assign>
      <#assign product_name><@spring.messageText code="product.name" text=productName!"Spring Batch"/></#assign>
      <div id="primary-navigation">
      	<div id="primary-left">
      		<ul>
      			<#list menuManager.menus as menu>
      			<#assign menu_url><@spring.url relativeUrl="${menu.url}"/></#assign>
      			<#if menu.label == "Home">
      				<li><a href="${menu_url}/home">${menu.label}</a></li>
      			<#else>
      				<li><a href="${menu_url}">${menu.label}</a></li>
      			</#if>
      			</#list>
      		</ul>
      	</div>
      	<div id="primary-right">
      		<ul>
      			<li><a href="${company_url}">${company_name}</a></li>
      			<li><a href="${product_url}">${product_name}</a></li>
      		</ul>
      	</div>
      </div><!-- /primary-navigation -->

Comment

I like it! Will have to do until the source is fixed. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X