Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh STS-installation and Maven-Exception

Hello Spring-folks,

I am completely new to Spring and wanted to check it out. To have some fun with Spring I'd like to check out the Batch Samples.

While doing so, I get a lot of error markers.
    I assume that these come from an incomplete build. To solve this issue, I do a right-click on the project, go to "run as" and choose "Maven test".
    When I do this, I get the following exception:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [WARNING]
    [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.springframework.batch:spring-batch-simple-cli:jar:2.1.7.RELEASE
    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 166, column 12
    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin is missing. @ line 188, column 12
    [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin is missing. @ line 229, column 12
    [WARNING] The expression ${pom.artifactId} is deprecated. Please use ${project.artifactId} instead.
    [WARNING]
    [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
    [WARNING]
    [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
    [WARNING]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] Building Commandline 2.1.7.RELEASE
    [WARNING] The POM for com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE is missing, no dependency information available
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 0.625s
    [INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 02 17:05:46 CET 2012
    [INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M
    [ERROR] Plugin com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:1.0.0.RELEASE or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. maven:jar:1.0.0.RELEASE: Failure to find com.springsource.bundlor:com.springsource.bundlor. mavenom:1.0.0.RELEASE in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/d...utionException
    There are others as well (when using the standard template for a Batch-project, but that's secondary, as long as this does not work).

Has someone an idea of what went wrong?

Thank you very much!

see the readme from the github spring batch repo

Use Maven 2.2.* (might work with 3.0, but we don't test it), then on the command line:
    $ mvn install
    or, the first time (to download the stuff that isn't in the Maven Central repository):
    $ mvn install -P bootstrap
    it does work(*) with maven 2.2

(*)right now there seem to be test failures

Comment

Working...
    X