Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch namespace : ExceptionHandler support

Hi,

I have been trying to use the exceptionHandler.
    But found that batch namespace doesnt support this from : http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ceptionHandler

Will this be available as part of batch namespace ?

Thanks,
    Gayathri

what do you want to do? If you want to log errors during chunk processing, you need to use listeners (and skips if you want to leave these exceptions behind you).

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply

We want to skip exceptions and have different skipLimits for different types of exceptions. Say an exception A can be skipped 5 times whereas exception B can be skipped 10 times. And i couldnt find any default skipPolicy implementations that support these requirements.

Currently we have a custom skipPolicy that does this. But exceptionHandlers like 'RethrowOnThresholdExceptionHandler', 'SimpleLimitExceptionHandler' seemed to satisfy our needs. So was wondering if we can use it without going back to 'beans' namespace from our current 'batch' namespace.

Comment

Originally posted by muralidh View Post
        We want to skip exceptions and have different skipLimits for different types of exceptions. Say an exception A can be skipped 5 times whereas exception B can be skipped 10 times. And i couldnt find any default skipPolicy implementations that support these requirements.
        This is straightforward to implement, but ExceptionClassifierSkipPolicy looks like to be what you want.

Currently we have a custom skipPolicy that does this. But exceptionHandlers like 'RethrowOnThresholdExceptionHandler', 'SimpleLimitExceptionHandler' seemed to satisfy our needs. So was wondering if we can use it without going back to 'beans' namespace from our current 'batch' namespace.
        I think you should stick to the custom SkipPolicy, looks like it addresses what you need and is simpler than digging into the repeat framework.

Comment

Working...
        X