Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Batch Execution From Command Prompt

Hi All

Can any one tell me how to execute the Spring Batch through Command Prompt.

What I have done so far.

I created the batch jar ---- XYZ.jar

And i want to execute it using

Code:
    java org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.CommandLineJobRunner vpb-context.xml paymentRecordLoadJob;
    But every time i am getting the same Exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/batch/core/launch/support/CommandLineJobRunner
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.Comm andLineJobRunner
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.Comm andLineJobRunner. Program will exit.

Well what does the stack trace tell you... The classes aren't on the class path (I suggest a read off the java guide on how to specify the class path)... Currently only the classes in the current directory are available nothing more nothing less...

Comment

I am not getting one thing , I have my classes in XYZbatch.jar and Spring says that it has a class "CommandLineJobRunner" in spring-batch-core-2.1.0.RELEASE.jar from which we can execute batch using "java org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.Comm andLineJobRunner vpb-context.xml paymentRecordLoadJob".
      So what should be in classpath , what needs to be where and how the references will take place. Please help me it imp for me

Thanks for your quick response Marten

Comment

Below is my bat file content

set JAVA_HOME=%~dp0..\jre
        set CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib
        set Path=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%path%

set CLASSPATH=lib\activation.jar;lib\aopalliance-1.0.jar;lib\commons-dbcp.jar;lib\commons-lang-2.4.jar;lib\commons-logging.jar;lib\commons-pool.jar;lib\db2jcc.jar;lib\db2jcc4.jar;lib\db2jcc _license_cisuz.jar;lib\ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar;lib\jaxb-api.jar;lib\jaxb-impl.jar;lib\jaxb-xjc.jar;lib\jettison-1.3.jarlib\log4j-1.2.16.jar;lib\ojdbc14.jar;lib\org.springframework .aop-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.asm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.context-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.context. support-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.core-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.expressi on-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.jdbc-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.orm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.transact ion-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\spring-batch-core-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\spring-batch-infrastructure-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\spring-batch-test-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\stax-api-1.0.1;lib\xstream-1.3;VendorPortalBatch.jar

java -classpath %CLASSPATH% org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.Comm andLineJobRunner vpb-context.xml paymentRecordLoadJob schedule.date=2011/09/02

pause;

Kindly let me know where to keep what.

Comment

You don't have the jars on your class path.. (And please use [ code][/code ] tags!).

Code:
          set CLASSPATH=lib\activation.jar;lib\aopalliance-1.0.jar;lib\commons-dbcp.jar;lib\commons-lang-2.4.jar;lib\commons-logging.jar;lib\commons-pool.jar;lib\db2jcc.jar;lib\db2jcc4.jar;lib\db2jcc _license_cisuz.jar;lib\ibatis-2.3.4.726.jar;lib\jaxb-api.jar;lib\jaxb-impl.jar;lib\jaxb-xjc.jar;lib\jettison-1.3.jarlib\log4j-1.2.16.jar;lib\ojdbc14.jar;lib\org.springframework .aop-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.asm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.beans-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.context-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.context. support-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.core-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.expressi on-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.jdbc-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.orm-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\org.springframework.transact ion-3.0.3.RELEASE.jar;lib\spring-batch-core-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\spring-batch-infrastructure-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\spring-batch-test-2.1.0.RELEASE;lib\stax-api-1.0.1;lib\xstream-1.3;VendorPortalBatch.jar
          The part in blue doesn't point to a jar file but to well something that probably isn't a jar and neither a dir that contains classes. There are more of those 'paths' on your class path which point to well nowhere...

Comment

Thanks a lot Marten

Although it was a silly mistake but u examined very well.

Thanks once again

Comment

Working...
            X