X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get xml file

anyone knows how to get the xml file path/name of the ApplicationContext? it's passed as command line argument in Spring Batch and i'd like to retrieve it from an object or maybe a system property?

Thanks!!

The best I've found so far is:

Code:
    System.getProperty("exec.args")
    but i was hoping for a more Spring-y solution. Besides, this does not work when the job is started via Spring Batch Admin (I'm not sure what's being used to start the job when using it)

Any suggestions?

Comment

When running my job, the logs on Spring Batch Admin (using Jetty) show the following message:

ResourceXmlApplicationContext:file:/home/anthony/maven/spring-batch-admin-sample/target/classes/META-INF/spring/batch/jobs/my_job.xml

It'd be nice if I could access that programmatically..!

Comment

Can you set the property in a properties file and identify a path for various locations that you will need??

Comment

may I ask why you need such information?

Comment

satsranchuser: I thought about it, I was just hoping to obtain it from an object instead. based on the logs, it clearly is stored somewhere

arno: not sure i'll need it yet, but i'm considering creating another xml job file for the next run, based on information gathered on the current run. It may be as simple as changing one parameter, hence I'd like to be able to access the current xml to use as template.

Comment

I see. Perhaps you should do that outside the application context, not from inside. It would make more sense to me.

Comment

ok, well if you guys can't think of an obvious way to obtain it anyway, I suppose I can simply go with satsranchuser's suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                X