X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Jobs to Spring Batch Admin - Limitations

I have integrated the batch jobs into Admin (using the sample admin but not using UI) and the jobs are triggered by incoming message. With the help of Spring Integration, using

Code:

<bean id="messageHandler"
    		class="org.springframework.batch.integration.launch.JobLaunchingMessageHandler">
    		<constructor-arg ref="jobLauncher" />
    	</bean>
    	<!--  To launch the Job -->
    	<int:service-activator method="launch" input-channel="launchRequests" output-channel="pubsubChannel" ref="messageHandler"/>
    Jobs are working fine but only problem is that - all the jobs configurations are self-contained. This has been done based on the instruction found in 'Add your Own Jobs For Launching in the UI' - http://static.springsource.org/sprin...eference.xhtml

All these jobs use jaxb-marshaller for ACORD (memory intensive). Hence when the application is launched, this JAXB context gets loaded for each job.

My question is: Is it a strict condition (self-contained) or can be overridden/modified?
    Because of this constraint, I am exploring OSGI (as mentioned in the blog entry). This transition is not flying as ours is Websphere environment and could use only Blueprint.

Would greatly appreciate any pointers/suggestions/alternatives to tackle this problem.

Thanks

If the marshaller is shared you can put it in the parent context (/META-INF/spring/batch/override/*.xml). If it isn't shared surely you have to pay the cost anyway?

Comment

Thank you very much. Could appreciate the power of 'override'.
      A suggestion on the extensive documentation - Could this(overriding beans for Jobs) be added to Override scenarios? Or may be, It is apparent.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X