Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItemReader that can pick messages from POP3

Hi all,

I am using Spring-Batch now for 3 - 4 months and I can call my self that I am aware of basic concepts used in this project.

Now question,

I just wanted to ask, by your opinion, what would be the best way to implement ItemReader, so I can use chunk processing, in order to fetch mail messages from POP3 account.

I have a feature to connect to mail server, fetch mails, to process it in a way that identified if mail message is bounce, process it and after it put it in some table in DB.

It is expected to have more then 10.000 of bounced email messages so You can assume that I am afraid that if I don't chunk it that this processing can lock a lot of machine resources.

Any idea ?

Thanks

That sounds like it would make in interesting contribution to Spring Batch if you get it working. POP3 is pretty well supported in javax.mail as far as I know (you can look in spring-integration-mail for some starting points to see how POP3 receives work). The challenge will be all about restartability - counting the messages processed and maybe adding some support for sending acks only for those that have been successfully processed.

Comment

Working...
    X