Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Remote chunking JmsRedeliveredExtractor & RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean ~ verify use Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote chunking JmsRedeliveredExtractor & RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean ~ verify use

I would like to help by cleaning up and adding some code comments around the remote chunking process. I believe that I have a good understanding, but I want to verify two different pieces in the integration JmsRedeliveredExtractor and the writer that the slave uses (RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean or ChunkProcessorChunkHandler).

So I tracked down this comment in jira.

Added check for redelivered header (which would signal a problem on the master).

So is this the purpose of using JmsRedeliveredExtractor in org.springframework.batch.integration.chunk? How would you expand on the comment above?

Also which bean should the slave be using when writing the remote chunk? I am assuming that the slave is using RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean, or should it use a ChunkProcessorChunkHandler. I believe the answer is RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean. In regards to this bean, does it serve as the bean in the remote slave step, as well as overrides the master's step configuration to make it a remote chunk?

Thanks

Chris

Anyone have any feedback?

Originally posted by cnmconsulting View Post
    Also which bean should the slave be using when writing the remote chunk? I am assuming that the slave is using RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean, or should it use a ChunkProcessorChunkHandler. I believe the answer is RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean. In regards to this bean, does it serve as the bean in the remote slave step, as well as overrides the master's step configuration to make it a remote chunk?
    Through experimenting and building an example I think I have been able to answer the RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean question. If you have the job defined in the application context that you are running the slave in (master / slave app context) then you can use RemoteChunkHandlerFactoryBean. If you do not have the job definition then you cannot use the Factory Bean, so I used org.springframework.batch.integration.chunk.ChunkP rocessorChunkHandler. Is this the correct pattern? Any comments on the example on github.com
    https://github.com/chrislovecnm/spri...-sample-remote

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X