Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
heap size outofmemoryerror for processing Flatfile in Spring Batch Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heap size outofmemoryerror for processing Flatfile in Spring Batch

I have a file with more than 1 million of records with size approx equal to 400 MB. I am reading the file through FlatFileItemReader and i extend the Itemwriter and writing items into a queue with commit-interval as 100. I had set the maximum heap size as 1 GB.

But Still am getting the Heap size outofmemoryerror. I had changed the commit-interval to 10 also but still am getting the same problem.

I have few doubts on the above.
    1) while reading the file through FlatFileItemReader it will read records up to the commit-interval. is it flushing the data once it after written into writer ? if so why it takes much memory for the process ?.

Please someone help me for the same. Thanks in Advance.

the FlatFileItemReader streams the data, so it shouldn't be the cause of the out-of-memory error. We need to know more to diagnose the error. Which ItemWriter are you using? You mentioned a queue, is it JMS? if so, is the JMS broker remote?

Comment

Originally posted by arno View Post
      the FlatFileItemReader streams the data, so it shouldn't be the cause of the out-of-memory error. We need to know more to diagnose the error. Which ItemWriter are you using? You mentioned a queue, is it JMS? if so, is the JMS broker remote?
      Thanks for your reply. I am extending the ItemWriter and writing the data into Gemfire Cache region. I hereby attached my code below for your reference. Please suggest and let me know i have to any changes in the Writer class to avoid this problem.

Code:
      import com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.Cache;
      import com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.Region;
      public class FeedToCache implements ItemWriter<FeedData> {

Cache	cache;
      	Region	cacheRegion;

public Region getCacheRegion() {
      		return cacheRegion;
      	}

public void setCacheRegion(Region cacheRegion) {
      		this.cacheRegion = cacheRegion;
      		try {
      			Thread.sleep(1200);
      		} catch (InterruptedException e) {
      			e.printStackTrace();
      		}
      	}

public void setCache(Cache cache) {
      		this.cache = cache;
      		setCacheRegion(cache.getRegion("cacheRegion"));
      	}

public void write(List<? extends FeedData> items) throws Exception {
      		for (FeedData item : items) {
      			if (item!= null)
      			if(item.getAccountNumber()!=null)
      				cacheRegion.put(item.getAccountNumber()+Math.random(),item);
      		}
      	}
      }
      Last edited by harilance; May 2nd, 2011, 04:58 AM.

Comment

if you configured Gemfire to store objects in memory, it's normal you run out of memory. It's pretty much like putting items in a HashMap. Looks like it all depends on your Gemfire configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by arno View Post
          if you configured Gemfire to store objects in memory, it's normal you run out of memory. It's pretty much like putting items in a HashMap. Looks like it all depends on your Gemfire configuration.
          Thanks Arno. your are spot on. The problem is in Gemfire Configuration. I had raised new Thread in Gemfire Forum.

Comment

Working...
          X