Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Re-run same job with different parameters when launched via Quartz Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-run same job with different parameters when launched via Quartz

Hi,

I tried the Quartz Example from the samples. As stated in documentation, the job gets executed the very first time and throws 'JobInstanceAlreadyCompleteException' when launched the next time.

But I need to run the job with different parameters when the job is launced via Quartz.

I followed the instructions on configuring incrementer on <job> as specified in chapter-4 Configuring and Running Job (4.5.4 JobParametersIncrementer)

Modified footBallJob.xml, used the incrementer.
    Code:
    <beans:bean id="dynamicJobParameters" class="org.springframework.batch.sample.common.DynamicJobParameters" />  

<job id="footballJob" incrementer="dynamicJobParameters">
    </job>
    Now launched the quartz sample using 'JobRegistryBackgroundJobRunner' as specified. But I still get the below exception

Code:
    org.springframework.batch.core.repository.JobInstanceAlreadyCompleteException: A job instance already exists and is complete for parameters={}.  If you want to run this job again, change the parameters.
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.repository.support.SimpleJobRepository.createJobExecution(SimpleJobRepository.java:118)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
    	at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
    	at $Proxy0.createJobExecution(Unknown Source)
    	at org.springframework.batch.core.launch.support.SimpleJobLauncher.run(SimpleJobLauncher.java:98)
    	at org.springframework.batch.sample.quartz.JobLauncherDetails.executeInternal(JobLauncherDetails.java:72)
    	at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
    	at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
    	at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:525)
    Why does the job not using the incrementer ? Am I missing any other configuration ? Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Madan Narra

Hi,

I tried with modifying org.springframework.batch.sample.quartz.JobLaunche rDetails getJobParametersFromJobMap() method.

Code:
    private JobParameters getJobParametersFromJobMap(Map<String, Object> jobDataMap) {
    	JobParametersBuilder builder = new JobParametersBuilder();
    	builder.addDate("schedule.date", new Date());
    	return builder.toJobParameters();
    }
    The job gets new parameters when launced by quartz. Now am able to re-run the same job with different parameters when launced by quartz.

But why this sample didn't work with an incrementer set for the job ??

Comment

Working...
    X