X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxying a BeanFactory

How can I proxy an object returned by a FactoryBean? Specificly, I want to put a DebugInterceptor around a RemoteStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean. The problem is, it puts it around the FactoryBean, not what the FactoryBean returns (the proxy to the EJB)

Here's an example:
    Code:
    <bean id="serviceProxyCreator" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.BeanNameAutoProxyCreator" lazy-init="false">
      <property name="beanNames">
        <value>userService,caseService,customerService,contactService</value>
      </property>
      <property name="interceptorNames">
        <list>
          <value>debugInterceptor</value>
        </list>
      </property>
    </bean>

<bean id="debugInterceptor" class="org.springframework.aop.interceptor.DebugInterceptor" />

<bean id="userService" class="org.springframework.ejb.access.SimpleRemoteStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean" lazy-init="true" singleton="true">
      <property name="businessInterface">
        <value>mypackage.UserService</value>
      </property>
      <property name="jndiName">
        <value>UserServiceBean-v1.6.0.0</value>
      </property>
      <property name="jndiTemplate">
        <ref bean="jndiTemplate"/>
      </property>
    </bean>
    What that produces is entries in my log of:
    Code:
    Debug interceptor&#58; count=1 invocation=&#91;Invocation&#58; method=&#91;public abstract java.lang.Object org.springframework.beans.factory.FactoryBean.getObject&#40;&#41; throws java.lang.Exception&#93; args=null&#93; target is of class &#91;org.springframework.ejb.access.SimpleRemoteStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean&#93;&#93;
    Debug interceptor&#58; next returned
    ... which isn't very helpful.

To proxy BeanFactory returned Object instead of BeanFactory itself you can apply your interceptors using ProxyFactoryBean:
    Code:
    <bean id="userService" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean">
      <property name="target">
        <bean class="org.springframework.ejb.access.SimpleRemoteStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean"> 
          </property> 
          </property> 
          </property> 
        </bean>
      </property>
       <list>
       </list>
      </property>
    </bean>

Comment

Thanks for the suggested solution.

That works, but is there no way an autoproxy can be used? I've got a lot of services that I'd rather not have to manually apply the aspects to. :? Not being able to proxy FactoryBeans seems like a pretty significant limitation for the AOP framework considering how important FactoryBeans are to the Spring framework...

Comment

I do not know if this will make things easier for you. You can reduce the typing by using an abstract template and inheriting from it:
        Code:
        <!-- Requires Spring 1.1 -->
        <bean id="interceptorStack" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean" abstract="true">
           <list> 
            <value>interceptor2</value> 
            <value>interceptor3</value> 
           </list> 
          </property> 
        </bean> 

<bean id="userService" parent="interceptorStack">
          <property name="target"> 
            <bean class="org.springframework.ejb.access.SimpleRemoteStatelessSessionProxyFactoryBean"> 
              </property> 
              </property> 
              </property> 
            </bean> 
          </property> 
        </bean>

Comment

I still think not being able to proxy FactoryBeans is a problem, but the abstract template solution addresses my immediate problem quite well. Thanks!

Comment

btw: As written, that doesn't work -- CGLib complains about not being able to proxy a final class because it's trying to proxy a java.lang.Proxy using Proxy's interface. The solution is to specify the proxyInterfaces to the ProxyFactoryBean.

ie,
            Code:
            <bean id="userService" parent="serviceInterceptorStack">
              <property name="proxyInterfaces">
              </property>
              <property name="target">
                  </property>
                  </property>
                  </property>
                </bean>
              </property>
            </bean>
            That kind of redundancy is annoying, so I overrode ProxyFactoryBean's setBeanFactory method with the following code:
            Code:
            if &#40;getProxiedInterfaces&#40;&#41;.length == 0&#41; &#123;
              final Class targetClass = getTargetSource&#40;&#41;.getTargetClass&#40;&#41;;
              if &#40;java.lang.reflect.Proxy.class.isAssignableFrom&#40;targetClass&#41; ||
                  net.sf.cglib.proxy.Proxy.class.isAssignableFrom&#40;targetClass&#41;&#41; &#123;
                final Class&#91;&#93; classes = targetClass.getInterfaces&#40;&#41;;
                for &#40;int i = 0; i < classes.length; i++&#41; &#123;
                  addInterface&#40;classes&#91;i&#93;&#41;;
                &#125;
              &#125;
            &#125;
            that removes the need to specify the proxyInterfaces in the ProxyFactoryBean definition.

Comment

I've added an issue in JIRA for this: http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SPR-337.

I'll try to look at it in the 1.1.2 timeframe. Not sure it's easy to address, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod Johnson
                I've added an issue in JIRA for this: http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SPR-337.

I'll try to look at it in the 1.1.2 timeframe. Not sure it's easy to address, but we'll see.

Was this ever resolved? The link goes to a non-existent error (not sure if that's a good thing or not!)

Comment

Originally posted by aidano
                  Originally posted by Rod Johnson

Was this ever resolved? The link goes to a non-existent error (not sure if that's a good thing or not!)
                  Remove the dot (.) at the end of the jira link. The issue has not been addressed.

Comment

Working...
                  X