Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise an object that will later be proxied by hibernate?

Hi All,

My goal is to product hibernate objects that manage their own transations each time a setter or getter method is called. I am having trouble so I need your advice and help.

What I have done so far:

I have registered a Hibernate interceptor that instantiates new objects from a ProxyFactoryBean. This means my domain objects have advice applied to them using Spring. Hibernate then proxies that advised domain object (or at least I assume thats the order of events) and things go wrong - all of the fields of the resulting object are null when you inspect them. But if you access them through accessor methods, they do resolve correctly. I am using Hibernate field access.

Can anybody please offer some advice on how to proceed? Is what I am trying to do unworkable?

Thanks very much,
    Mike.

I am not sure *why* you want to achieve this? Are you trying to resolve the lazy load problem with hibernate?

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to do this because I am passing my domain objects to a nakedobjects style of framework that reflectively invokes the methods on my domain objects without regard to transations. So I wanted to wrap my domain objects in a proxy that takes care of the transactions.

Thats the problem I am trying to solve or work around, and I'm open to any and all suggestions :-)

Ta,
      Mike.

Comment

Interesting problem I remember reading about NakedObjects and did wonder how they would have a "unit of work".

Good luck, and let us know how you get one

Comment

Hibernate field access + Spring proxies

I haven't tried the configuration you're using, but it seems to me that Hibernate field access and Spring proxying would be mutually incompatible. The Hibernate docs say that "If you specify access="field", Hibernate will bypass the get/set pair and access the field directly, using reflection." (http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/re...l/mapping.html). If you feed Hibernate a Spring proxy, the proxy class won't have the fields declared directly on it (and so they won't be found via reflection). If you use access=property instead then Hibernate should go through the getter/setter (which *are* proxied) and I would expect things to work fine...

Comment

I tried as you told but just get a java.io.NotSerializableException: org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJPointcutAdv isor, please help, hope someone can pay attention to the old message

Code:
            org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: could not serialize; nested exception is org.hibernate.type.SerializationException: could not serialize
            	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:661)
            	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.convertHibernateAccessException(HibernateTransactionManager.java:789)
            	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(HibernateTransactionManager.java:663)
            	at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:709)
            	at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:678)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.transaction.TransactionalTestExecutionListener$TransactionContext.endTransaction(TransactionalTestExecutionListener.java:504)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.transaction.TransactionalTestExecutionListener.endTransaction(TransactionalTestExecutionListener.java:277)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.transaction.TransactionalTestExecutionListener.afterTestMethod(TransactionalTestExecutionListener.java:170)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.TestContextManager.afterTestMethod(TestContextManager.java:344)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMethodRoadie.runAfters(SpringMethodRoadie.java:307)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMethodRoadie$RunBeforesThenTestThenAfters.run(SpringMethodRoadie.java:338)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMethodRoadie.runWithRepetitions(SpringMethodRoadie.java:217)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMethodRoadie.runTest(SpringMethodRoadie.java:197)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringMethodRoadie.run(SpringMethodRoadie.java:143)
            	at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.invokeTestMethod(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:142)
            	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.runMethods(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:51)
            	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner$1.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:44)
            	at org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runUnprotected(ClassRoadie.java:27)
            	at org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runProtected(ClassRoadie.java:37)
            	at org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:42)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:45)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
            	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
            Caused by: org.hibernate.type.SerializationException: could not serialize
            	at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.serialize(SerializationHelper.java:158)
            	at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.serialize(SerializationHelper.java:178)
            	at org.hibernate.type.SerializableType.toBytes(SerializableType.java:78)
            	at org.hibernate.type.SerializableType.toString(SerializableType.java:62)
            	at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeToString(NullableType.java:93)
            	at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeSet(NullableType.java:140)
            	at org.hibernate.type.NullableType.nullSafeSet(NullableType.java:107)
            	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.dehydrate(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1997)
            	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.update(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2371)
            	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.updateOrInsert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2307)
            	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.update(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2607)
            	at org.hibernate.action.EntityUpdateAction.execute(EntityUpdateAction.java:92)
            	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:250)
            	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:234)
            	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:142)
            	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:298)
            	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
            	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)
            	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:338)
            	at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)
            	at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(HibernateTransactionManager.java:655)
            	... 23 more
            Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJPointcutAdvisor
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeArray(Unknown Source)
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
            	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)
            	at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.serialize(SerializationHelper.java:154)
            	... 43 more

Comment

Working...
            X