Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring AOP and benchmarks

Hello,

I'm looking for a benchmark on the use of AOP with Spring to see impacts of using declarative transactions, proxy factory beans...
    I see in the book "J2EE Development without EJB" that there are benchmarks on Spring: "For futher discussion on this benchmark, including the source code and detailed results, follow the Performance link on the Spring web site".
    But I can't find it. Have informations about it?
    Thanks,
    Thierry

Except for the benchmark results in the book there isn't much else. Of course you could use the benchmark code from the CVS to run it yourself.

Anyway, I'm busy implementing a couple of benchmarks for different AOP frameworks to see if there is any difference between proxy-based frameworks and the others.

We'll publish the results somewhere soon I hope.

Alef

Comment

Hi Alef,

Ok, thanks for your response. I will use the benchmark from cvs.
      Thierry

Comment

Originally posted by Alef Arendsen
        Except for the benchmark results in the book there isn't much else. Of course you could use the benchmark code from the CVS to run it yourself.

Anyway, I'm busy implementing a couple of benchmarks for different AOP frameworks to see if there is any difference between proxy-based frameworks and the others.

We'll publish the results somewhere soon I hope.

Alef
        I realize this is an old post, but i'll be very interested if you have published those benchmarks...

Comment

There were some comparative bechmarks published here.

Comment

perfect, ... All i wanted and even more.... Thank you++

Comment

Working...
            X