Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TestingError: UnsatisfiedDependencyException

Hello,
    I am quite new to Spring and think its a real cool framework, but i encountered some problems during testing my Services:

I've made a general BaseClass extending "AbstractTransactionalSpringContextTests" and overwrote the method getConfigLocations with my SpringConfig.xml. This worked fine for DAOSupport, aber but now i have this UnsatisfiedDependencyException i can not understand.

Full Stack Trace:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDepen dencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.gerig.app.test.services.AddressServiceTest' defined in null:
    Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'addressService': There are 2 beans of type [class com.gerig.app.services.base.AddressService] for autowire by type.
    There should have been 1 to be able to autowire property 'addressService' of bean 'com.gerig.app.test.services.AddressServiceTest'.

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireByType(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:800)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:720)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireBeanProperties( AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:188)
    at org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjecti onSpringContextTests.setUp(AbstractDependencyInjec tionSpringContextTests.java:141)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125 )
    at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.ja va:106)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult .java:124)
    at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109 )
    at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:2 08)
    at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:478)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:344)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRu nner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

But i only have one bean called addressService:
    <bean id="addressService" parent="transactionInterceptorTemplate">
    <property name="target">
    <ref bean="addressServiceTarget"/>
    </property>
    </bean>

the AddressServiceTarget:

<bean id="addressServiceTarget" class="com.gerig.app.services.base.AddressService" >
    <property name="addressDAO">
    <ref bean="addressDAO"/>
    </property>
    <property name="lovService">
    <ref bean="lovService"/>
    </property>
    <property name="zipCode2CityService">
    <ref bean="zipCode2CityService"/>
    </property>
    </bean>

I donīt know the Problem. Is there any way to solve this Probem??

Thank you!

Make the target an inner bean. That is, make the contents of the "target" property value a bean definition rather than a reference.

Rgds
    Rod

Comment

So I changed it to:

Code:
               <property name="target">
      		<bean class="org.gbif.col2005.service.impl.TaxaManagerImpl">
      			<property name="taxaDAO" ref="taxaDAO"/>
      		</bean>
      	 </property>
      And it got rid of the error - hope this helps someone else

Comment

Using "autoproxying" approaches--which will become more common with Spring 2.0--also avoids the duplicate bean error.

The old practice XX and XXTarget should usually be avoided in favour of the inner bean, with Spring 1.2.x also.

Comment

I am having a similar problem but moving the the "dataSource" bean into data access classes doesn't fix the problem for me. Any ideas?

Here is the error:
          org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDepen dencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.mycompany.user.dao.UserDaoTest' defined in null: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'userDao': set this property value or disable dependency checking for this bean
          at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.checkDependencies(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:962)

Here is the test bean definitions:
          <beans>
          <bean id="dataSource"
          class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
          <property name="driverClassName"><value>${jdbc.driverClassNa me}</value></property>
          <property name="url"><value>${jdbc.url}</value></property>
          <property name="username"><value>${jdbc.username}</value></property>
          <property name="password"><value>${jdbc.password}</value></property>
          </bean>

<bean id="userDao" class="com.mycompany.user.dao.jdbc.JdbcUserDao">
          <property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
          <property name="userGroupDao"><ref bean="userGroupDao"/></property>
          </bean>

<bean id="userDaoTest" class="com.mycompany.user.dao.UserDaoTest">
          <property name="userDao"><ref bean="userDao"/></property>
          </bean>

<bean id="userGroupDao" class="com.mycompany.user.dao.jdbc.JdbcUserGroupDa o">
          <property name="dataSource"><ref local="dataSource"/></property>
          </bean>
          </beans>

Comment

Hrmm

Is the use of ref="target" only for Spring 2.0?

<bean id="jobRequestDAO"
            class="com.spinsys.agent.job.dao.JobRequestDAO">
            <property name="dataSource"> <ref bean="avianDS"/></property>
            </bean>

that works for me in general.. but once I switched to trying to write a unit test with extends AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests. .. nothing works.

I get the exception mentioned at the start of this thread (that is can't find a bean to autowire but it found 4 beans etc).

I have 2 xml files application-DS.xml and application-DAO.xml.

I tried to ref="avianDS" without adding 'bean' and that fails the sax parser.

any hints?

Comment

Second

So.. i got it to work.. but the only means I could do so was to put the dataSource bean, as well as the daos, as well as my transaction manager.. *all in one file*.

Is there any way to have these work if my dataSource's are in an applicationDS.xml, and my DAOs are in an applicationDAO.xml. If I seperate the files, I get the 'found too many beans to autowire' problem (it seems to multiple in 2's).

Thanks
              Last edited by Oreoferret; Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X