X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanNameAutoProxyCreator Issue

I am having trouble getting the BeanNameAutoProxyCreator to work. When I configure a simple intreceptor with the ProxyBeanFactory it works fine, but when I attempt to do the same thing with the BeanNameAutoProxyCreator my bean is never proxied and the advice is never applied. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Here is a portion of my configuration.

<beans>
    <bean id="FullBookService" class="com.fmr.fiis.ws.fullbook.facade.CWsIPFullBo okFacadeImpl"/>

<bean id="performanceThreshholdInterceptor" class="com.fmr.fiis.ws.fullbook.aop.CWsPerformance Interceptor">
    <constructor-arg>
    <value>3000</value>
    </constructor-arg>
    </bean>

<bean id="autoProxyCreator" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy .BeanNameAutoProxyCreator">
    <property name="interceptorNames">
    <list>
    <value>performanceThreshholdInterceptor</value>
    </list>
    </property>
    <property name="beanNames">
    <list>
    <value>FullBookService</value>
    </list>
    </property>

</bean>

I found the Problem

I failed to call the refresh() method when creating the application context and loading the bean definitions. Apparently this is necessary for auto proxy functions.

Comment

Re: I found the Problem

Originally posted by rjmoran68
      I failed to call the refresh() method when creating the application context and loading the bean definitions. Apparently this is necessary for auto proxy functions.
      You shouldn't need to explicitly call refresh on the applicationContext (it is automatically called in the ApplicationContext constructor unless you specified false on one of the arguments).

Dino

Comment

Thanks for the response

I create the application context as follows:

GenericApplicationContext ac = new GenericApplicationContext();

//Create an XML Bean Definition Reader
        XmlBeanDefinitionReader xmlReader = new XmlBeanDefinitionReader(ac);

//Load The Bean Definitions
        xmlReader.loadBeanDefinitions(new InputStreamResource(input));

//Refresh The Context
        ac.refresh();

Perhaps I should a different constructor for the context. As is, it will not work unless I explicitly call refresh().

Comment

Re: Thanks for the response

Looking at the code in GenericApplicationContext, you're right; you need to call refresh since it won't do it automatically.

Why not use:

final BeanFactory beanFactory = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(appContextFile);

or
          final BeanFactory beanFactory = new FileSystemXmlApplicationContext(appContextFile);

This will cut your lines of code to one line.

Dino

Comment

re: BeanNameAutoProxyCreator Issue

I will give that a try. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X