ProxyFactoryBean & aop:config Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProxyFactoryBean & aop:config

I have read in this forum that you cannot mix ProxyFactoryBean and aop:config in your server context. Since I'm using a ProxyFactoryBean with CommonsPoolTargetSource in my app, I experienced this conflict first hand when I try to add some logging to my app using an AspectJ annotated class and aop:config. I was able to get my logger working by throwing away the AOP and making it a MethodInterceptor, proxying the beans I wanted to add logging to.

The down side to this is there is a lot more configuration overhead when I want to add additional logging to the application. I'd really like to be able to use an AspectJ annotated class to handle this cross cutting concern.

Is there a way I can have an AspectJ annotated class in my app and still use the built in spring AOP classes to handle pooling? Perhaps there is a way to set up the pooling without using a ProxyFactoryBean?

Ok, so I've been playing with this some more and have found that mixing aop:auto-proxy and ProxyFactoryBeans for the pooling is not the cause of my issues. One of the libraries I'm using ( starts throwing NullPointerExceptions when the AOP proxy is added to the context.

I'll see if I can figure this out why this is.