X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSF + AspectJ - MethodNotFoundException

Hello, I am trying to write an aspect for my JSF managed-beans for logging. My managed-bean is defined in my Spring Context file, not in my faces-config file.

The logging works fine EXCEPT when an action method is called from a JSP page through value binding. When I try that, I get a MethodNotFoundException.

For instance, my JSP has:

<h:commandButton action=#{myBean.save}/>

When, I click this button on the JSP, the MethodNotFoundException is thrown, even though this method is clearly there. If I remove my logging aspect, the method works fine. My appcontext is as follows:

<bean id="loggingAspect" class = "com.utils.LoggingAspect"/>
    <aop:config>
    <aop:aspect ref="loggingAspect">
    <aopointcut id="loggingCut" expression="execution(* com.managedbeans..*.*(..))"/>
    <aop:around pointcut-ref="loggingCut" method="log"/>
    </aop:aspect>
    </aop:config>

I know it's been a long time since you made this post, but I'm having the some problem. Did you manage to resolve this issue ?

Thanks a lot.

John

Comment

Native JSF doesn't integrate well with Spring. Switch to Spring Faces on top of Spring Web Flow, as is recommended and explained in the reference guide.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
        Switching to Spring Faces is not an option at this time, unfortunately.
        I managed to solve the problem.
        The problem is that, when you use Spring AOP, Spring creates a proxy on top of your class that is being executed. Your class must have an interface or super class with all the public methods implemented declared in the interface/super class.
        This will cause Spring to find the methods, since it is using the interface/super class to call the methods.

Thanks.

John.

Comment

I never found an answer to this (I've since been moved to another project), so thank you for providing this. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X